cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbdnsdd
New Contributor

Issue: Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties , Please try again

Hi,

Since few weeks ago It is impossible to join to any kind of Gotomeeting from my Laptop.

I reinstalle go to meeting, clean the cache on the computers and same issue.

1- I press the invitation link

2-I wait and after few seconds I received the error " Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties , Please try again"

Gotomeeting version: 10.19.0.19950

Antivirus: disable for testing.

Firewall: Disable for testing.

Can anyone help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Issue: Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties , Please try again

Hi @nbdnsdd, welcome to the community.

Please try the following:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing Control Panel 
  • Open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features 
  • Look for the GoTo Opener and select it
  • Select the Uninstall option at the top
  • Once that has been completed, visit this support article 
  • Click on the Join Now button to join our test meeting session 
  • The GoTo opener will be reinstalled and GoToMeeting should launch and join the test meeting
  • You should see a message "Waiting for organizer", this means you were successful

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Issue: Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties , Please try again

Hi @nbdnsdd, welcome to the community.

Please try the following:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing Control Panel 
  • Open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features 
  • Look for the GoTo Opener and select it
  • Select the Uninstall option at the top
  • Once that has been completed, visit this support article 
  • Click on the Join Now button to join our test meeting session 
  • The GoTo opener will be reinstalled and GoToMeeting should launch and join the test meeting
  • You should see a message "Waiting for organizer", this means you were successful

nbdnsdd
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD 

I did your process, and the Test meeting was fine. but when I receive or test a real meeting. the App crash with the error "Gotomeeting has experienced technical difficulties , Please try again"

I think it is because there are any corructed file blocked on this laptop , because on another laptop with same OS it is working fine.

So , Can you send me the instructions to do a manual to removel completelly the Apps? Like Windows register, folder...etc

Can you send me the PATH of log files that can explain the issue to check it ?

nbdnsdd
New Contributor

Hi,

All laptops match on the same firewall rules, and also I tried using a 5G modem without firewall and same issue.

the internet connection is fine ( 500mb speed) and gotomeeting is fine because from another laptops is working.

Everything look like there are any corruction or bug on the App.

So , Can you send me the instructions to do a manual to removel completelly the Apps? Like Windows register, folder...etc

Can you send me the PATH of log files that can explain the issue to check it ?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @nbdnsdd,

For the log files, if GoToMeeting is running and located down in your System Tray right-click the GoToMeeting icon and select Save Logs. The log files will be zipped and Windows Explorer will open showing the location of the zip file.

To uninstall open your Windows Control Panel > select Programs and Features > select GoToMeeting and GoTo Opener > Uninstall

Joining a new meeting will install a fresh version of both the GoTo Opener app and GoToMeeting software.

nbdnsdd
New Contributor

Hi ,

it is a temporal app , no app installed.

I need the steps to do advanced uninstall , remove all files on all folders and registers.

Regards

Pablo

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @nbdnsdd, a regular uninstall as I detailed in a previous reply should be enough. Besides calling our toll-free support and having them review the GoToMeeting log files from this computer for clues, you could try running our connection wizard. It tests our IP addresses and the 3 ports we try to use (80, 443 and 8200), to find the best connection and then updates the GoToMeeting software to use that connection. In the advanced mode you can force which one of the 3 ports is used.

EnzoJ80

I have tried you method so many time, but the error message keep showing up in the end.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @EnzoJ80 

Welcome to the GoTo Community. Sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing GoTo Meeting. 

Can you tell me a few more details around this experience? Has it just started? Were you able to get on before? 

How are you accessing GoTo Meeting and what OS are you using? What version of GoTo Meeting are you using? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training