Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pettersonbelli
Active Contributor

Local Recording on GoToMeeting does not record Webcams

In English:

Subject - Local Recording on GoToMeeting does not record Webcams

GoToMeeting, as documented, only records audio and shared screens when recording locally. Only in cloud recordings are all resources captured.

Its competitor ZOOM, however, manages to record everything regardless of the modality (local or cloud).

I request to forward to LogMeIn the request for inclusion of shared webcams in videos recorded in the Local mode on GoToWebinar.

In Portuguese:

Assunto - Gravação Local no GoToMeeting não registra Webcams

O GoToMeeting, conforme documentado, só registra áudio e telas compartilhadas quando realiza gravação local. Somente em gravações em nuvem todos os recursos são capturados. 

Seu concorrente ZOOM, entretanto, consegue gravar tudo independente da modalidade (local ou nuvem).

Solicito encaminhar à LogMeIn o pedido de inclusão de webcams compartilhadas nos vídeos gravados na modalidade Local no GoToWebinar.  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Local Recording on GoToMeeting does not record Webcams

@pettersonbelli  We do not include webcams into locally stored recordings because the conversion and file size can make it very difficult to ensure quality and completion.  I'm sorry if this inconveniences you in any way, but there are no plans to change this behavior.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Local Recording on GoToMeeting does not record Webcams

@pettersonbelli  We do not include webcams into locally stored recordings because the conversion and file size can make it very difficult to ensure quality and completion.  I'm sorry if this inconveniences you in any way, but there are no plans to change this behavior.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!