cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmgeek
Active Contributor

Microphone not working after dialing from GoToMeeting iPhone app

This is an ongoing problem I have had for the last year.  There have been several updates to the IOS GoToMeeting app over this period and I have owned three different models of iPhones.   Yet the problem continues.

If you select the "Dial In" option from the app it successfully callls into the meeting but the iPhone microphone does not transmit sound to the meeting.

The workaround is to quit the app then go to recent calls and dial back in to the meeting.  After you do this the microphone works.

At times I found that if I did not quit the app the microphone continued to not work for any cellular phone call.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmgeek
Active Contributor

Re: Microphone not working after dialing from GoToMeeting iPhone app

From GoToMeeting/LogMeIn support:

The microphone in the phone is designed to work with one app at a time. If, according to the phone, one app is using the microphone, other apps that try to use it will not have access to it.

You need to quit the first app for the microphone to be used in another app. The phone will always give priority to the first app that started using the microphone.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nmgeek
Active Contributor

Re: Microphone not working after dialing from GoToMeeting iPhone app

From GoToMeeting/LogMeIn support:

The microphone in the phone is designed to work with one app at a time. If, according to the phone, one app is using the microphone, other apps that try to use it will not have access to it.

You need to quit the first app for the microphone to be used in another app. The phone will always give priority to the first app that started using the microphone.