cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickinwc
Active Contributor

Multiple users logged in to same meeting under organizer account

I've searched around and can't find a definitive answer to this: Can multiple users be logged in to a single meeting, each using the organizer login?

I have a group of users having meetings where several people have the organizer credentials, and they're noticing that when one person joins with the organizer credentials, it bumps the other person who's logged in with the same credentials out of the meeting. Is there a limit of one person logged in under the organizer account at a time per meeting?

This makes sense to me, but I want to confirm that this is the expected behavior or if there's an account setting somewhere to change it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Multiple users logged in to same meeting under organizer account

@rickinwc  If they are simply joining the existing / live meeting then there should be no problem using the same name and email address.   Starting a different meeting or launching the same meeting from the GoTo list of scheduled meetings while the local software has the organizer credentials saved will end any other meetings in session.  Be sure that users sharing account credentials log out of the endpoint software if they are not 'hosting' the new session themselves. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@rickinwc  If they are simply joining the existing / live meeting then there should be no problem using the same name and email address.   Starting a different meeting or launching the same meeting from the GoTo list of scheduled meetings while the local software has the organizer credentials saved will end any other meetings in session.  Be sure that users sharing account credentials log out of the endpoint software if they are not 'hosting' the new session themselves. 

rickinwc
Active Contributor

Thank you for the response.

Do you happen to know if this is true of GoToWebinar as well?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@rickinwc   I understand the need to share the login credentials to host separate meetings by different users, however it can cause serious issues in GoToWebinar like accidentally ending a live broadcast or changing the attendance analytics overall for the account. 

If you cannot assign separate credentials to individual team members then it is very important they log out of the software and online account before joining a shared session together.