cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azeem
Active Contributor

Mute all GoToMeeting Attendees?

Is it possible for an Organizer to permanently mute all GoToMeeting attendees. Meaning, the attendees can not mute or un-mute their selves. If I mute an Attendee then he/she can un-mute his microphone during the session any time which is kind of annoying. I want all attendees to join as listen only mode, how ever attendees could ask questions via text chat box. How to do it?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: GoToWebinar - Mute all attendees.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Mute all GoToMeeting Attendees?

Hi Azeem,

GoToMeeting Organizers do have the ability to mute all attendees however, it is not a permanent mute. Attendees can unmute themselves. Please review this support article:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/mute-and-unmute-your-attendees-g2m050040

If you need more control over your audience, I suggest trying GoToWebinar's more formal registration and attendee control system instead.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Azeem
Active Contributor

So, let me get this straight. It is impossible to do it right?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

If you mean permanently mute them, yes.  GoToMeeting is designed as a collaboration tool, attendees are invited to join by the organizer.  If you are hosting events that are open to anyone and you are concerned that they cannot be trusted to remain muted, I would recommend using GoToWebinar instead

GoToWebinar is designed more for presentations, where attendees are muted by default and must be unmuted by the organizer before they can speak.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Leanne Knight

Securing listen only mode for attendees

If I mute all attendees as an organizer can I prevent them from unmuting themselves? I would like to keep all atendees in listen only mode.
Michael16
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Securing listen only mode for attendees

Hi Leanne, this is possible but only when dialing-in to meetings with a phone; you will not be able to do a hard-mute when you are connected through computer audio.

To hard-mute, dial *5 after entering your audio PIN when joining a meeting.

Lindsey4

Keep audience muted

We did a test and participants could unmute themselves, we would like to keep everyone muted and not give them an unmute option. Is this possible?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Keep audience muted

Hi Lindsey,
Sorry for the confusion there.
GoToMeeting does use a 'soft-mute' control for Attendees where they can manage their own muting controls through their control panel or telephone keypad.  However, if you wish to override these allowances to mute everybody permanently, I would suggest connecting to GoToMeeting's audio through the telephone, as the event Organizer, and utilizing your keypad to cycle through listening modes by pressing *5 on the keypad.

Reference Guide:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/manage-phone-audio-via-keypad-commands-g2m050045

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Lindsey4

Thanks for the quick reply! Does that mean they can still dial in through computer and just I need to use the phone option? 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Right:  Attendees can choose any audio option they wish.  The muting behavior can only be altered by an Organizer connected through integrated telephone.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!