cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Mute attendees Permanently

Hi @Nakatsubo 

GoToMeeting originally allowed this but changed it to the current soft mute implementation due to a large amount of customer feedback. If an attendee is being purposefully disruptive in a meeting an organizer always has the ability to dismiss them.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Nakatsubo
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD,

Thank you for the information. I firstly called to know better if the resource was available and they informed they had it before, as you said. 

I just believe this is an important tool a host should have.
I presented two situations where this resource is useful, but the second was more general and not something that happened to me. I see your point about dismissing people, but I think it wouldn't be the best solution because this action can be rude for the others as well, while mutting that person would be something just between the host and the attendee.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Nakatsubo  You can 'hard-mute' the entire audience by using your telephone key pad, pressing *5 to rotate through listening modes.

Reference guide:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-phone-audio-via-keypad-commands-g2m050045 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Nakatsubo
New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

But how can I access my keypad? I mean, it opens when I'm going to text on the chat, but I don't know other ways to open it.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Nakatsubo  This functionality only works on your telephone keypad, which should be easy to open and close while you are in session.

Nakatsubo
New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

Sorry but I don't see how it is easy to open as you said.
I tried to start a meeting through my smartphone and there is no way I can open the keypad on it.

Would you mind to send some printscreen as a guide to do the way you said?

Regards,

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Nakatsubo  It may vary depending upon the device you're using, but most smart phones will have a button on the face that shows all the different apps in use.  You have to be connected by phone in order for this to work, and once you switch to the phone app there should be a keypad icon to activate the numbered key options.