cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majusch
New Contributor

Problem with using Kandao Meeting Webcam in GoToMeeting App

Hello,

Im trying to use the GoToMeeting App for Windows with my Kandao Meeting 360° Webcam, however when im trying to activate it in the preferences, i always get the error "failed to initialize your webcam". I already tried to update the firmware of my webcam, reinstalled it and also started the GoToMeeting App as an administrator, however the error always pops up again. Im having no issues using it on GoToMeeting if I just join the meeting in my browser, or by using it in any other conferencesoftware. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertHess
GoTo Contributor

Re: Problem with using Kandao Meeting Webcam in GoToMeeting App

Hi Majusch,
you could try using the web version of GoToMeeting in Chrome. (app.gotomeeting.com -  if you just wanna join a running session or via the Hub when you are the organizer - https://global.gotomeeting.com/#/meetings/anytime-meetings)
This would even transmit 1080p in 1:1 sessions, and i would expect also that chrome does proper downscaling for smaller resolutions.
Can't test the downscaling right now as I do not have a 1080p-only cam at hand. But transmitting 1080p definitely works.
Cheers

Robert

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Majusch 

Does the camera come with control software? Do you have the ability to change the resolution the camera is set to? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Majusch
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD,

I've already figured out what the Problem is.

The Kandao Meeting 360° only supports 1080p as the output resolution, although Kandao states on their website that they support GoToMeeting, which since GoToMeeting only supports up to 720p with their standalone client doesnt seem to be true.

The Kandao doesnt come with any Software on its own. The resolution is set at 1080p, no way to change that.

Can you think of any solution I can come up with?

I've tried downscaling the signal with OBS Broadcaster to get a virtual webcam in 720p and that worked, however a software to downscale the signal is not a suitable solution for all of my coworkers and would take considerable amounts of time to set up on every client.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Majusch  Can you please confirm the operating system and GoToMeeting software version you have installed there? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Majusch
New Contributor

Operating System is Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and GoToMeeting Version is 10.17.0 Build 19796

RobertHess
GoTo Contributor

Hi Majusch,
you could try using the web version of GoToMeeting in Chrome. (app.gotomeeting.com -  if you just wanna join a running session or via the Hub when you are the organizer - https://global.gotomeeting.com/#/meetings/anytime-meetings)
This would even transmit 1080p in 1:1 sessions, and i would expect also that chrome does proper downscaling for smaller resolutions.
Can't test the downscaling right now as I do not have a 1080p-only cam at hand. But transmitting 1080p definitely works.
Cheers

Robert

globulle

Hello,

On the Kandao Meeting 360 Pro you can switch from 1080p to 720p by clicking at the same time on Volume + AND Volume - buttons under the power button for 3 full seconds. Those are the volume buttons on the camera, not the remote controller.

HTH

Woods7433
New Contributor

I've tried downscaling the signal with OBS Broadcaster to get a virtual webcam in 720p and that worked, however a software to downscale the signal is not a suitable solution for all of my coworkers and would take considerable amounts of time to set up on every client.