cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Recording function in 2020

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions with regards to the recording function in GoToMeetings. I found some related topics in the community boards but the answers I'm looking for were provided in 2016. So I'm hoping to get some answers with regards to the 2020 edition of GoToMeetings.

1. Are attendees able to record the meeting session via the attendee software or the webapp? Would the host be able to record while disabling the record function for all attendees?
  2. Can the saved cloud recordings be password protected when you share them? So that only the right recipients with the password and link would be able to download them.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Recording function in 2020

Hi @WKACN ,

[Updated]:

1. Attendees cannot record, but are able to use screen capture for still image shots.  This currently includes the GoToMeeting interface, though we are considering making changes to this as well.
  2. There are now additional security measures for streaming videos, but keep in mind it is very easy for someone to capture these feeds once you give them permission, and then share them elsewhere online.

For more information around Content Security, please reference this support article:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/gotomeeting-content-security-and-sharing

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @WKACN ,

[Updated]:

1. Attendees cannot record, but are able to use screen capture for still image shots.  This currently includes the GoToMeeting interface, though we are considering making changes to this as well.
  2. There are now additional security measures for streaming videos, but keep in mind it is very easy for someone to capture these feeds once you give them permission, and then share them elsewhere online.

For more information around Content Security, please reference this support article:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/gotomeeting-content-security-and-sharing

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

My license level used to allow me to record my meetings - now this does not seem to be the case?  Please help.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@NSCDA-VA Were you hosting your meeting broadcast from a Mac or Windows device?  Have you ever recorded from this device before?  Are you also a member of a larger, corporate account?