cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plaisirdelangla
New Contributor

Recordings- possibility not to download?

Hello! I had a very strange concern from one of the parents when we were using GoToMeeting for our online lessons. Three months into using it, he realised that all sessions can also be downloaded locally. (Let's not mention I have told them all this before and that he also works in IT, so it's hard to believe he couldn't see the arrow for download...). Is there a way to disable downloading locally? He was concerned about camera security and his image of his child being stolen and sent out to the world. I mean if someone wants to hack the system and get the child's image, I am sure they can also hack the camera during the actual live session.  For a teacher/business owner I was doing my best to provide a service to my clients in case they have issues with internet connection during COVID-19, so they watch either later or even download. I guess you can't make everyone happy.  Anyone has got issues for solution for this? For the last two lessons he switched off the camera, so I could sort of hear him, but it wasn't the best.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Recordings- possibility not to download?

I'm sorry, there no option to remove the download option at this time.  If you record locally however, the webcams are not stored in those file types (only when using Cloud Recording).

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Recordings- possibility not to download?

I'm sorry, there no option to remove the download option at this time.  If you record locally however, the webcams are not stored in those file types (only when using Cloud Recording).

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!