cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and

Version is 8.45.4 Build 13609

The problem is definetly with the gotomeeting viewer program.  I have uninstalled / reinstalled latest version and gotten help directly from the logmein help desk but they have not been able to fix it.  As I mentioned, the latest windows 10 update is what seemed to break this.  It worked flawlessly before the update.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and

@psalingue  I too, have the latest Windows 10 on a desktop Dell, but do not have any issues with presentation tool here.  Could you specify what system version number you have just installed, and if this is a built-in webcam or external model? 

Have you also tested the webcam through an alternate program like Skype for Business?

New Contributor

Annotation 2019-08-12 112710.png

It is the built in webcam.  Yes, the webcam works fine with Skype as well at Microsoft Teams.  It even works in GotoMeeting app in audience view.  I can see myself when looking at the audience view.  The in use indicator light is on for the webcam when selecting share webcam within gotomeeting.  Others are able to see me and content I share.  I am just not able to see anyone else's shared content or shared webcams in the gotomeeting viewer popup screen.  I don't think the problem is the webcam.  It may be some sort of permissions issue with the gotomeeting viewer popup app.

LogMeIn Contributor

@psalingue  Do you have any local security apps that might be blocking port 1853 in part or in full?

New Contributor

No.  I just turned off Windows Defender firewall to make sure that wansn't the issue.  Still no change.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@psalingue  If you've already checked available Dell drivers , and this is all the built in hardware for your laptop, then it may be worth creating a case with Customer Support so that they can fully document the environment in case we're missing something.

New Contributor

Soooo..... Instead of using the Dell Command Update app to see about updated drivers I went directly to the dell support site.  I downloaded and installed the Intel UHD Graphics 600 and P600 series Legacy Driver and installed it.  Problem solved.  Shared webcams and desktop content is now visible in the gotomeeting viewer screen.   Link  https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05683559M/2/Video_Driver_977FV_WN32_26.20.100.6888_A14.EXE

Thanks for all the help.

Phil