cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomD340
Active Contributor

Speaker Volume on New GoTo Windows App

Hi,

I am using the new GoTo app for Windows.  The new app does not seem to allow me to adjust the speaker volume while I'm in a meeting.  I could adjust the speaker and microphone volumes in the older GoToMeeting Windows app.  

I tried adjusting the Windows volume, and it does not change the volume within the GoTo app.  Does the new GoTo Windows app allow you to adjust speaker volume?

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD340
Active Contributor

Re: Speaker Volume on New GoTo Windows App

Hello,

This morning, I received an update to my GoTo app for Windows desktop.  When I attended my first meeting today, I now have the ability to adjust the volume of my headset using the Windows volume control!

Thank you for adding this important feature to the GoTo app (v 0.358.0 3.35.1).

Tom

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @TomD340

Do you see the GoToMeeting application listed in your Windows Volume Mixer while you are in session?  

Regardless, adjusting the system's volume should change GoTo volume output anyway, so I'm sensing something may be confused there.  Can you check with your computer's manufacturer website to see if there are any audio driver updates available? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
TomD340
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

No, the GoToMeeting application is not listed in the Windows volume mixer.  I see my Bluetooth headphones and laptop speakers.  Adjusting the system volume does not change the volume in my Bluetooth headset when I'm in a meeting.  No other PC volume (like YouTube) will play on my headphones while GoTo has an active meeting.  As soon as I end the meeting, I can listen to system sounds and control the volume through normal Windows volume.

I have run my laptop's software/driver update checker, and everything is up-to-date per the manufacturer.

Any other help or ideas?  The previous version of GoToMeeting used to allow adjusting the volume through the audio settings, and it worked just fine.  This new version doesn't have this adjustment...

Thanks,

Tom

CurtCruver
New Contributor

I have this same problem.  It looks like the GoToMeeting has decided to abandon this issue.  ...not cool!

Please provide a solution.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @CurtCruver,

In the GoTo App Audio settings, you can enable/disable auto gain control of the microphone and then control it manually in your OS.

The Volume Mixer in Windows (introduced with Vista I believe), lets you adjust the individual volumes of applications that you have running. You can use this to make the audio from the GoTo App softer or louder than other applications as needed.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
TomD340
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the tip on the Volume Mixer.  It works to lower the GoTo volume.  However, the Windows system volume has no effect to either raise or lower the GoTo app volume.   I am on Windows 10.  GoTo app version 0.105.11.

Thanks,

Tom

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@TomD340 nice to hear from you.  Please note the latest version of the app is 3.34.0 (3.34.0.1) can you try updating the app? This should occur when you start or join a new session. If you are still experiencing this, can you share a bit more about your settings? 

1. Are you running other programs while hosting a meeting? Try closing other apps and see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Check audio settings in Windows: Are the correct audio input and output devices selected in the Windows audio settings? 

3. Check audio settings in GoToMeeting: Are the correct audio input and output devices selected in the GoToMeeting audio settings? 
  4. Can you mute the audio? What volume level do you need to use? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

TomD340
Active Contributor

Hi Kate,

Here is a screenshot of my Windows app.  When I click on my profile and then Check for updates, it says there are no updates available.  I don't know of any other app to install.  Please help me to find the most current app to install.

Thanks,

Tom

Capture.JPG

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@TomD340 You mentioned you were on app version 0.105.11,  but if there are no updates it sounds like you are on the current version, if you click on your Icon on the top right you will see the app version. 

See below for a screenshot on an older app version, note Update Available,  the app version is listed under Sign out. 

0181f4a7-8e21-439e-b0e1-3d86f84d9616.png

Here is the app on the current version:

9b7e50c7-f107-4d4b-8ce8-7621faf7afe4.png

If this is all updated, can you let me know a bit more about your configuration as mentioned? Thanks! 

  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

KathleenJD

I have also facing the same issue how can i solve it?