cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jürg Schärer

System slows dramatically down during GoTo Meetings

Notebook Dell Latitude 7370 - Model 2016 running under Windows 10 latest Release and updates.

My entire system becomes enormously slow when sharing my screen in a GoTo Meeting.
All aspects slow down (reaction time to clicks, mouse clicks, typing on keyboard etc.).
It feels from a user perspective as my system ressources are completely stretched.

Thanks for helping me. Any idea of the reason? No other resource issue with my system, only when being active in the GoTo meeting.

Jürg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: System slows dramatically down during GoTo Meetings

Hi Jürg,
Sorry for that.
What can sometimes happen after an update, is that the hardware may also need some new driver information.  I would go here to confirm your product ID, and install any updates before rebooting and testing GoToMeeting broadcast capabilities again:  http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?app=drivers

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Jürg,
Sorry for that.
What can sometimes happen after an update, is that the hardware may also need some new driver information.  I would go here to confirm your product ID, and install any updates before rebooting and testing GoToMeeting broadcast capabilities again:  http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?app=drivers

Jürg Schärer

Hi, I have Dell System Detect Software installed. It updates always all my drivers etc. So my system is clearly up to date. Do you have any other idea/experience with that issue? Thanks
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Try changing your display settings to a lower DPI while in your next GoToMeeting session before launching and broadcasting.

Andrew Greenhil

I am experiencing the same problem as Jürg.

Recently when using GoToMeeting to share my screen with someone in a different location, my computer became VERY slow. It was like the CPU was being HEAVILY loaded but the task manager didn't indicate that. As soon as I finished the GoToMeeting session, my computer's performance became normal again. The problem has happened 3 times recently, and that interfered with my ability to do my job using GoToMeeting, to the extent that my manager is saying consider alternative options. I need to find some kind of solution. 

My computer is a Microsoft Surface Pro 5. One factor in the problem might be that I am sharing an external monitor, but that is my preference and that shouldn't cause a problem.

Please can you help?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Andrew,
It is entirely possible that your graphics card there cannot account for both GoToMeeting's screen capture methods and the external monitor attached to your Surface Pro.  I would test further without the monitor, as well as checking with the manufacturer's website for any available video drivers you can update.

lnguyen_x
New Contributor

From our experience, it's not the driver.  It's a combination of CPU and video (GPU).  All our laptops have 2 core / 4 thread i5 or i7 (atleast 6th gen or higher) with built-in intel video and they suffer when doing desktop sharing.  The laptops with i7 quad core and dicrete videos do not have any issues screen sharing.    

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Sorry about that, @lnguyen_x 

Are these custom built machines, or are there specific model numbers we can try to replicate your experience with?

Could you state what the average delay is, and wha background applications are running simultaneously?

lnguyen_x
New Contributor

Dell XPS 13 or Latitude e7400 or e7500 series (?). Standard dual core i5 or i7, intel video. The systems are used by our sales team for product demos and the system works well without using GoToMeeting. Systems initials use is normal but it gets worst as the demos goes on. System may start to show slow down about 15/20 minutes into demo but unusable an hour later. Launching forms from our application or opening word documents will take minutes versus seconds.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lnguyen_x  If you want to collect some log files for a case, we can try to see if there are any hints as to why those PCs are being affected:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/how-do-i-collect-web-app-logs-g2m090119