cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Tab key not working when I have been given keyboard and mouse control

This is a major issue for us.  We will seriously begin looking at an alternative product if this is not resolved as quickly as it was broken.

New Contributor

I missed this thread, and just wasted 30 minutes of my time with support.  The support tech was not aware of this issue, and we spent 30 minutes doing various tests until he contacted level 2 support and was told it was a new "feature."  Is this still going to be fixed?  If not, like others on this thread, I need to look for alternatives.

New Contributor

Re: New version of GTM not allowing tab operations in linux terminal

Hi @AshC 

@AshC wrote:

Apologies for the delay.  We plan to fix this issue very soon.  As soon as we have the new software version available we will update this thread specifically.

My team called into the GoToMeeting support line to get an update on this and the support tech said that there are no development tickets open on this issue.  Is this a new "feature" of GoToMeeting or are there plans to bring back the tab key?  Can you provide us with the internal development ticket number that you opened on this so we can check for status updates?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi everyone,

In an ongoing effort to make GoToMeeting more accessible we introduced some new features, one of them being the ability to navigate our Control Panel using the Tab key. In an upcoming release of GoToMeeting, this new accessability feature will be disabled while you are sharing an attendees mouse and keyboard so that you can use the Tab key again on their computer. We do not have a release date that we can share just yet as the new version has to pass testing first.

As soon as we have a solid release date that we can share, @AshC or myslef will post it here. Everyone will be updated automatically once it is released.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Eagerly awaiting this fix as are over 100 of my colleagues.  All are long-time, regular users of GTM, using it for remote training on software that makes extensive use of the <tab> key in moving through our system.  This change was ill-advised and look foward to a swift resolution.

Commenting primarily to insure automatic update when this is finally "fixed."

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've signed up the account to comment here mainly due to wait for this fixes like years...

Please try to make "TAB" back as soon as possible. Otherwise, I can only keep on using other services.

New Contributor

It has been over a month now. @GlennD @AshC any updates on when TAB functionality will be restored for GTM? Due to the high priority nature of the issue, and the number of users affected, I would have expected a resolution by now. I work with many clients on a daily basis, and rely on GTM to help them resolve issues on their systems. 

As a result of this 'feature' I have been relegated into asking if they have Join.me, Zoom, TeamViewer... and if we could set up a meeting on their side using something other than GTM.

I have to say, it's NO FUN having to ask them to be the ones to set up a new meeting invitation, but it IS a PLEASURE to have the TAB key available, once the meeting has started!!

I am not a fan of using the CAPS LOCK, but my frustration in a lack of resolution on this issue is starting to grow. If there is any way to increase priority, or speed up resolution, that would be greatly appreciated. I am a big fan of GTM, but not a fan of how long this issue has been outstanding!

LogMeIn Manager

Hi everyone,

Our next release 8.46 that includes restoring the ability to pass the Tab key command while sharing an attendee's keyboard has passed testing. While we have not yet started deploying it to customers, I am able to manually update your accounts to receive it now. 

Please note that as we have not started the deployment process yet, your attendees will be prompted to install this new version 8.46 before they join your meeting.

New Contributor

@GlennD wrote:

Hi everyone,

Our next release 8.46 that includes restoring the ability to pass the Tab key command while sharing an attendee's keyboard has passed testing. While we have not yet started deploying it to customers, I am able to manually update your accounts to receive it now. 

@GlennDcan I please have access to version 8.46?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @traci1991 

I have set your organizer account to v8.46 if you entire corporate account needs it as well, I can do it for all.