cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Tab key not working when I have been given keyboard and mouse control

@GlennD wrote:

Hi everyone,

Our next release 8.46 that includes restoring the ability to pass the Tab key command while sharing an attendee's keyboard has passed testing. While we have not yet started deploying it to customers, I am able to manually update your accounts to receive it now. 

Please note that as we have not started the deployment process yet, your attendees will be prompted to install this new version 8.46 before they join your meeting.

@GlennD Can I also have access to version 8.46?

Not being able to use the tab key is a huge drawback for me.

Active Contributor

@GlennD I went into a pre-set GTM meeting with my client today, and the TAB key did NOT work. Do I need to do something different from my side? Do I need my client to do something different? Is there a link that either of us needs to go to in order to get the TAB key functioning?

New Contributor

Hi @GlennD

When I launch GTM it shows my version as

8.45.3 build 13481

How do I update my client version?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD 

Unfortunately my account says that i'm still using version 8.45. Is there something I need to do on my end to get to 8.46?

New Contributor

Can I get the update now?

Active Contributor

@GlennD   My version still shows as 8.45.3 build 13481

How do I access the version you said you changed in my account?

Diane G

Active Contributor

Not just the Tab key, but also CTRL-ALT-DEL.  It's great the Tab key is coming back because I too was going to an alternative remoting service because of that huge and unnecessary inconvenience.   However, for me the CTRL-ALT-DEL is also necessary because I remote into industrial PC's running HMI software which have full-screen user interfaces and I need to "show" the task bar or start the task manager.  GTM seems to allow CTRL-ESC or the Windows key but it simultaneously does my local PC and the remote PC - an annoyance I deal with while grumbling.   There is an alternative remoting service that has a menu option for me to "Send Keys", and then I can select these sequences or define my own and then "send" the sequence to the remote computer, which is adequate enough.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @DRZook 

GoToMeeting is designed and intended to be used as an online meeting tool, sharing the keyboard and mouse of an attendee is always going to be limited in GoToMeeting when you compare it to a dedicated remote support tool. I would recommend you take a look at our RescueAssist product, it has the ability to Run as a Service on Windows PCs which gives you admin rights and the ability to pass a Ctrl+Alt+Delete command etc

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

S-u-c-c-e-s-s, that's the way we spell success! While the Automatically install updates preference did not install the latest version of GTM, I was able to go to the GTM download site https://global.gotomeeting.com/install and get the new  GoToMeeting Installer.exe 

My new version says 8.46.0 build 13761 and initial testing of the TAB key works!

Thanks to the folks at GTM for getting this resolved. This will make all in the user community happy! SOOO glad to be able to auto-complete via TAB again!!!

Active Contributor

Thanks GlennD, while I appreciate your suggestion to use RescueAssistant, that assumes that I would install RA on every computer at every customer that I support, which is not practical.  It is more the case that a customer will call, having problems with a production procedure and is standing in front of one of many of their operator terminals, and I will ask them to join a GTM session so I can help them out.  Passing presenter to them is convenient so that I don't have to manage dozens of RA installs and passwords, and besides a particular operator terminal may NEVER be used while exploring an issue where I need to help an operator or production supervisor through an issue.  My world is different than the "typical use case" that your developers code for.