cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdaly
Active Contributor

Time Zones Wonky

Good Morning, Happy New Year!

Before the recent GoTo update, the Meeting Invite would show the time zone "Wed, Sep 28, 2022 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (EDT)".  Now it shows "Jan 4, 2023, 1:00 – 1:30 PM (America/New_York)".  Being located in Toronto Canada having the time zone appear as (America/New_York) is causing much confusion.   

My time zone setting is set at (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada). 

Can the time zone wording in the meeting invite be fixed or set back to what it used to be?

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Time Zones Wonky

Happy New Year @kdaly welcome to the GoTo Community.  GoTo Meeting does not send out invitations on your behalf – you must copy/paste the meeting details and send it via email. If you have Eastern Time (US and Canada) selected in your settings, that should be reflected in the body of the email. Where are you seeing the America/New York time zone?  America/New York is not offered as an option in time zone settings, so I'm not sure what's happening at the moment. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
kdaly
Active Contributor

The issue is with the Time Zone that appears in the meeting invite.  Currently my time zone setting is (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada).

Below is a screenshot of a meeting invite that was created before the most recent update.  I have highlighted the time zone in yellow.  (EDT) is what I would expect to see for my time zone.

kdaly_0-1672773027889.jpeg

Below is a screenshot of a meeting invite after the most recent update.  The time zone is highlighted in yellow.  As mentioned, I am located in Toronto Canada so having (America/New_York) appearing as the time zone is causing us problems.

kdaly_1-1672773027892.jpeg

I hope this additional information is helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@kdaly thanks for the screenshots! I am able to replicate this now and see the same thing. Our team has been alerted. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
kdaly
Active Contributor

Thank you.  I appreciate your help with this.