cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timmo08
Active Contributor

Unable to update Gotomeeting app

The new Gotomeeting app has a button to show [Update available] but whenever I run this, and select the option to [update and restart] the app closes but does not update -the same button is just shown again.

This has been happening for some while - I don't get any message to indicate that the update has failed but nothing happens. From the Help menu I ran 'Check for Updates' and that advised that a restart was needed but again nothing happened visibly when I followed that prompt. The Update Available button is still shown.

I can't see anyway to even identify the version I'm on. Any thoughts please?  Thanks

timmo08_0-1674131756985.png

6 REPLIES 6
timmo08
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to update Gotomeeting app

Can anyone from Goto suggest how to resolve this please?

I'm also experiencing very poor performance with the new app, slows the whole laptop to crawling pace.

So with the performance, the update and the security issues from last year I suspect we may be moving elsewhere for meeting software unless there is an improvement in service.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @timmo08 I see you mentioned that you were on a MS Surface, do you know the OS and if it meets the system requirements

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
timmo08
Active Contributor

Hi Kate,

Yes it meets the spec so far as I can see. On Win10, Chrome is up to date on Version 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit). Bit low on HD space (25%free) but otherwise OK.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@timmo08 thanks for getting back to me. I recommend trying the troubleshoots in this article. 

timmo08
Active Contributor

Thanks Kate, I'll take a look. One question - is the process downloading a file and if so where would it put it, so I can check if that is happening?

There's nothing in my downloads folder and I'm not prompted to save anything.

Either way, it feels like the error trapping isn't being too clever here - if it's a permission issue, which feels like the most likely cause, then I should get a suitable message.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@timmo08 you shouldn't see anything in your download files for an app update. If nothing is working, you may want to try uninstalling the app, when you reinstall, it will be on the newest version.