cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eei

GoToMeeting Virtual Background options

Hi, I'm wondering what GoToMeeting users have found to be the best Virtual Background solutions for their meetings.  Working from home with a less than ideal background makes GoToMeeting difficult to use when video is required.  I've looked into ManyCam, which is webcam software that replicates an actual webcam, but allows you to replace the background via the software.  That option seems like one of the best because it blurs the background or provides a virtual background without the need for a green screen.  I installed it to try it out, but quickly determined that the virtual background features are a premium-only feature and you have to dish out $29 minimum to determine if it will even work (that's assuming that the $29 actually has that feature, which is unclear.)  The other option I've seen on GoToMeeting's support site is SparkoCam.  But that software requires a green screen. While I do have a green screen, it's a pain to set it up and take it down for each meeting.  Zoom makes this all easy, but not all my employers/clients use the same meeting software so there's no consistency of the best options.  What have GoToMeeting user's found as the best options for no green screen virtual backgrounds for meetings?  How much do those options cost to get that functionality?  Is GoToMeeting itself working on (or purchasing) a solution for all of its users?  Thanks!

Cavehomme
Active Contributor

Re: Virtual Background for Webinars

Unfortunately GTM aren't taking this issue seriously enough. If you want to see further erosion of your business by people switching to other platforms which offer virtual backgrounds, then just keep on ignoring this feature request...2 years, unbelievable!

So many professionals have to work at home now, they need blurring or virtual backgrounds, not for fun, but for their professional image, and even for security reasons.

Using other background apps is not a solution for me, for security reasons, I don't trust them. Their privacy policies are not good enough for business users-

Anyway, I'm currently on a free trial , but I won't be paying for this product without blur and backgrounds. Period.

laura12
Active Contributor

Thanks for the workaround.  Much appreciated. However, this isn't a solution that works in general.  Guests to my meetings can't be asked to download and pay for a new 3rd party app just because GTM can't get it together.  

laura12
Active Contributor

@smitschke Thanks for the workaround.  Much appreciated. However, this isn't a solution that works in general.  Guests to my meetings can't be asked to download and pay for a new 3rd party app just because GTM can't get it together.  

bmartin222
Active Contributor

Ash,

I purchased ManyCAm as it was described as workable with GTM...yet, I am unable to get it to work.

Any advice?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bmartin222  We should have some software updates coming soon that will help.

Until then, here's a video to help guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOUMaZB9HY

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
smitschke
Active Contributor

I use both xsplit Vcam, ManyCam and even Snapchat (when I want to be a potato).  They all work fine with GTM.

Thing to remember is configure the ManyCam to your real camera.  Then, in GTM, don't select your real camera.   Select the appropriate virtual Camera.

I personally like xsplit vcam the best -- it's super easy to use.  ManyCam will work and can do a lot more, but that also makes it more complicated to setup if you want to do just background bluring. 

Xsplit vcam's algorithm is better at background removal.  

setup.png

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@smitschke  This support article should help:https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-change-my-webcam-background

We will support full integration in the coming days.  Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
bigtom
Active Contributor

None of the suggested third party apps are usable or reliable on macOS. There are a lot of macOS users. SnapCam works for a little while, but it eventually uses so many system resources that the fans get so loud and it affects the audio. I have a well provisioned new MacBook Pro and this happens. A MacBook or Macbook Air would likely crash in this situation.

We need solid native support for this in GTM on all platforms.

SBCERA
Active Contributor

Sorry, but this is not a solution. ChromaCam was taxing this Mac, fans were spinning hard, and the application didn't even work. The masking is incredibly pixelated.