cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hortonpz
Active Contributor

Custom background

I like the virtual background in Zoom and was happy top see LogMeIn add that capability.  However, I found that the solution, ChromaCam, was not really usable.  I use a laptop with 16GB RAM, Intel i7 processor and a 1TB Solid State drive. If I was sharing my screen, I found I was getting warning messages that the system was overloaded.  As soon as I turned off the ChromaCam, my presentations were fine.  I subsequently removed ChromaCam from my system. I hope LogMeIn can find a less intensive solution.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Custom background

@hortonpz  Thanks for your feedback.  We may update this functionality in the future, and will let the Community know of any new developments.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Cavehomme
Active Contributor

We've been waiting a long time for this native functionality to be provided. I realise that such development costs money wich Logmein may not wish to spend, but I can say with 100% certainty that you've lost some significant business as a consequence of not providing this functionality. Your choice.

Personally, I wanted to stay with GTM but ended up taking a Zoom Pro account specifically because I require a virtual background for my circumstances / requirements.

Simons
New Contributor

@AshC 

Any updates in this topic? Is there anything like a timetable for integration into GoTo?

Many Regards 

Simon

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Simons  If you are referencing a built-in function, then I can't say that I've heard of any developments yet.  The integration with ChromaCam is fully operational, just keep in mind that it requires additional background resources. 

bigtom
Active Contributor

@AshC  I finally made the move and signed up for service with Zoom at 5x the price to get the same features as I do with GTM + background.  I would have been happy to stay with GTM, but you guys have a problem delivering this feature. ChromaCam is not reliable and has problems. I have plenty of resources on my personal machine with 16 cores and 64GB RAM and a nice video card, but ChromaCam heats things up and sets the fans spinning audibly during a meeting and that is not desirable. It also has general usability issues.

Not having this feature is costing you business that I would pay up to 5x more to have. I would be happy to speak with anyone in product planning or marketing about this situation.

bigtom
Active Contributor

@AshC just to drive the point about instability, I gave ChromaCam Pro one more try and it crashed a few seconds after starting a meeting. Not usable.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 6.56.51 PM.png

JeffThorsen777
New Contributor

Thanks a lot!
Cavehomme
Active Contributor

"I can't say that I've heard of any developments yet"

This and the webcam blurring request has been going on for 2 years or more. What is the procedure for user requests to get to the development team? Do they even reach them from here? What's the reverse process from them to you?

It's really not acceptable for you to say that you haven't heard anything yet. Well go and check with them! You should be demanding clarity and updates on behalf of paying customers. We pay their wages, we want answers and action!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Cavehomme  I apologize for the frustration and lack of transparency with development.  

Although I cannot comment on everything being worked on here, I can say there are some bigger changes underway.  Once complete you will see many more new features being offered across the board.  We are undergoing testing for a new GoTo currently, and I expect customer updates in the next 2 months.