cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigtom
Active Contributor

Re: Custom background

@AshC If you have a public/beta testing group for the new GoTo, I am happy to test it like I did the previous update. While I have another meeting service, one feature with GoToMeeting (that the other service does not have) has me holding onto GoTo for a some specific meetings where I need it. Staying with GoToMeeting is what I want to do.

WILLALLEN99

I don't need all the fun cute virtual features offered by Zoom, but what I do need is a virtual background that is far better than what ChromaCam provides. Same computer same webcam with Zoom has nearly zero aliasing whereas with ChromaCam the aliasing is horrendous.  So bad that I'm reluctant to even use it. Come on GoTo put some money and time into this issue and get this fixed. So many of us are on video calls for hours and hours and we need a virtual background to hide our surroundings.   I hope to see a fix in the near future.

bigtom
Active Contributor

@AshC Since yesterday I am getting this annoying popup all the time. GoTomeeting is not open and I am not actively trying to use ChromaCam. My operating system will not let me remove ChromaCam because it says it is in use by another program. Why does this keep popping up? GoTo is failing. I had also multiple GoTo webinars recently that were failing to launch due to some system error on your end. This is getting out of hand.Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 8.39.40 AM.png 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bigtom  I apologize for the errors there. 

Could you please call Support so we can fully document the issues?  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
bigtom
Active Contributor

@AshC I did contact support and reported the issues. There was no follow up on this being solved in any way, just a black hole the support request fell into. I managed to remove  GoTo apps and the ChromaCam app from my computer quite forcibly via CLI. I discontinued my service with GTM and went to another vendor that does not have issues with their software in general and does not have a problem providing a reliable usable background feature. I tried to hold onto GTM as long as possible, but the software hassles far outweighed its usefulness.

Again, I am happy to talk with anyone in product and/or marketing about this situation.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

We listened to you and Virtual Backgrounds are now available in GoTo Meeting through the GoTo App with default and custom backgrounds!

• Along with the Default backgrounds provided by GoTo, Users can add up to 10 custom backgrounds of their choice.
  • Custom background in GoTo helps show off your own personal style and make meetings more fun and inclusive! It provides a great way to minimize those distractions and bring in new ways to meet face to face.
  • We recommend uploading images with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and a resolution of at least 1280x720 pixels (720p) if possible. The higher the resolution, the better your images will appear.
  • You can point to a custom background stored in your local machine from Hallway as well as from In-Session – Camera Setting tab by click on “+” symbol

Screenshot 2022-10-21 142139.jpg

Check out this article for more information.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Free new user and admin training
oriator

Re: Virtual Background for Webinars

Hello, do you plan to offer Virual Backgrounds such as those on ZOOM? Thank you.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @oriator welcome to the Community. Default and custom made backgrounds are currently available for GoTo meeting. Check out this article on how to use virtual backgrounds.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Free new user and admin training
bigtom
Active Contributor

@oriatorIt took GoTo over 4 years to finally deliver something close to what Zoom has. I switched to Zoom due to the lack of this feature a while ago. Considering the recent data breach at GoTo, I am glad I left. I am paying double at Zoom for the same features as I had with GoTo, but everything works nicely and there are no issue like the ones with the GoTo web client. I am happy to pay for a better service. GoTo is cheaper but slow to add features and it is not as easy to use. Despite what @KateG says, the background feature GoTo has added is not on par with any of the other major meeting services.

UlrichMendel
Visitor

Hi, ist there a plan, when these new custom backgrounds (without Chroma) will be available für Android or IOS.
We have al lot aof Apple-Tablets for Homeoffice and this would be massivly use- and helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Uli