cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaniKh
Active Contributor

Webcam video from a mobile device on portrait mode is being cropped on web GoToMeeting

It used to show the full portrait before. Now only my beard and chest shows.

Not cool. No idea how long people have been seeing me like that. Some of them probably thinking I am camera shy and was doing this as an alternative.

Desktop app shows the full portrait footage by the way, so this cropping is only happening on the web version of GTM.

---------------------------------------

Screenshots:

Screenshot from mobile device, showing portrait mode streamScreenshot from mobile device, showing portrait mode stream

Screenshot from web GTM, showing cropped  streamScreenshot from web GTM, showing cropped stream

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Webcam video from a mobile device on portrait mode is being cropped on web GoToMeeting

@RaniKh  I don't believe I've seen GoTo present a portrait mode before.  Are there any local preferences for the webcam that you're able to access there?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
RaniKh
Active Contributor

Re: Webcam video from a mobile device on portrait mode is being cropped on web GoToMeeting

Hi @AshC,

Portrait mode used to work on web GoToMeeting, I'm quite certain of that.

It still works on desktop app. here's a comparison with both on at the same time side by side:

comparison.png

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

OK, I see what was happening there-- with the previous experience showing black bars on either side, and now you're zoomed in about 100%.  Which device / operating system and browser versions are you using with the GoTo web app?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
RaniKh
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC 

Actually the old experience didn't have black bars. The old experience was smaller width than the landscape webcam videos. Same height. No cropping.

The black bars are only shown only on the desktop app, not web app.

Current browser behavior is the same across multiple OSes and browsers.

Tim_Cook_18
Visitor

We are also seeing this issue, and called Support today to discuss.  They gave us a JIRA ticket of 14699 as a possible solution that is coming.  The behavior is exactly as described in this ticket.  When holding a mobile device in portrait mode, it zooms in and crops the image the other users see, and some some sort of auto-rotate.  When we have them change their phone to landscape mode, it does another auto-rotate, and displays correctly.

The support person we talked to (ticket 19386861) indicated this is known and has been submitted to developers.  We quite often do 1-on-1 GoToMeetings with individuals, with about 70% of them coming in on mobile devices.  We currently have to tell them to change their phone to landscape, but a fix would be nice so portrait mode renders correctly on the other's screens.  

This issue only exists on the new GoTo Desktop Application.  The classic GoToMeeting Desktop Application did not have this issue.

Would like to be made known of when a fix comes out, and if we have to go and update the GoTo Desktop App (Windows).  Thank you!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Tim_Cook_18, welcome to the community.

Once an update is released for the GoTo Mobile app we will update the community to let you know. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training