cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: how to change the email address used to send invitation ?

Yes, i want to know aswell. quite annoying as we migrate email accounts and it still uses the old email adress , besides i chose already my new email adress as default account in outlook. sounds like this is hard-coded during gotomeeting initial setup ...
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Benjamin,
GoToMeeting doesn't have the ability to 'hardcode' an email address into the software, as it uses whatever saved credentials are stored in the preferences.  If you've updated your Outlook by removing the outdated email from its settings already, then you may consider a fresh install of MS Outlook to troubleshoot further.

New Contributor

Solved the issue : in Account Preferences in Outlook where you define your mailbox as "default" i needed to change the "data file" (OST...) (one tab right) to my new 2nd email account which i want to have as default calender sending account et voilá , now it picks the proper account after changing there the OST/data file to the new additional mailbox.

so everyone who has the same problem just should change both settings to the newly additonal mailbox as "default" and then the proper mailbox is used for new calender invites.

regards
ben
Active Contributor

Outlook Plugin Creates Meetings with Wrong Profile

I have a few email accounts set up in Outlook, including the email I use to log into GTM. But the add-in only sends email as a particular account (the primary account that was fist set up in Outlook). I changed the order the accounts appear in the tree, and changed the default account. I also reinstalled the plugin with those changes in effect.

Changing the primary account in Outlook means first removing all the accounts, and so archiving and re-loading years of email (with all the risk that entails). 

Is there some way to make a (rather urgent) feature request for the add-in to allow users to configure which account to use? Or at least use the GTM account email?

Tags (1)
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Outlook Plugin Creates Meetings with Wrong Profile

@John0118999  I am sorry, GoToMeeting does not have the ability to tell Outlook which of multiple profiles to use when sending emails -- it will only work with the default email selection Outlook has set at that moment.

Active Contributor

That was my conclusion as well.

But I think it is a critical bit of functionality and I'd like the issue raised to the software team that supports the plugin. 

Active Contributor

Also, AshC, it will not send from the current default profile. It will only send to from the primary profile, which is much more restrictive and requires setting up all profiles over again with all locally saved emails lost.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Excellent!

This worked like a champ. Thanks Benjamin!

New Contributor

Hi - I went through this process and got the following error: 

"The selected Outlook data file (.pst) format cannot be used.  Outlook data files (.pst) must be the same format as offline Outlook data files (.ost).  Select a matching Outlook data file (.pst) or turn off cache mode in the account settings". 

The email type that is current the default (which I'm trying to change) is a Microsoft Exchange email, and the other email types are all IMAP/SMTP.   All the email account data file locations confirm they are all .ost files.  Any thoughts on how to resolve?  Thanks, Dave