cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CalynG
Active Contributor

"Call Me" number calling from international number first

This is an issue that one of our users had noticed, and I wanted to ask some questions to verify if this was a temporary platform issue (not listed in the status site) or if there may be something I'm missing with configurations.

One of our users had been using the "Call me" feature for some time now with meetings, as have a number of users. Despite not making any changes, they had noticed that around the beginning of the month, when they try the "Call me" feature, instead of dialing in from a US number, they are getting a call from a European number, and they are unable to join due to the system not recognizing pressing the pound key. When he hangs up and tries again, he gets a US number on the second attempt every time, and is successfully able to get into the meeting. I had verified his settings, and had moved him to the new interface, and verified he had set his "Call me" to US (Admin Center has all available countries checked, since we have users in many countries). After doing so, he had reported that meetings he had started worked with the "Call me" setting fine, but meetings started by others were still having the same issue. No other users in our organization have reported this issue.

-Are the "Call me" settings based on the individual user or are they set based on the meeting organizer's settings? All users have all countries available and US is set as the region by default for most users, so the US numbers should be available regardless for the user, but if it's only set based on the organizer, there may be some 'defaults' that are conflicting which would not be resolvable on our end.

-Does GTM use numbers from other countries when there are no US numbers available? I know that there have been load issues with GTM lately, so if this is the case, that would explain the recent issue and the somewhat inconsistent nature of the issue, and hopefully this has since been resolved or has/will become less of an issue.

-Is there a setting elsewhere that may be causing this to occur? To my knowledge the only area to change this setting is in the web sign-in settings menu where you can set the "Call me" countries, which I have verified is set correctly for them. If there is another setting in the client program or elsewhere that may be affecting this feature, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: "Call Me" number calling from international number first

@CalynG   Long answer short is, you should never receive an international call when using Call Me functions.  If this continues, please click my Community name to send over the affected ID, phone numbers involved, and what happened when dialing. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: "Call Me" number calling from international number first

@CalynG   Long answer short is, you should never receive an international call when using Call Me functions.  If this continues, please click my Community name to send over the affected ID, phone numbers involved, and what happened when dialing. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!