cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmodesign

Feature Request - DisplayPort support for remote blank screen

Most new monitors now support DisplayPort connectors. Currently GotoMyPC only supports very old display adapters (DVI, VGA). HDMI is somewhat recent but DisplayPort is the most current type on any new monitors. Can we please have "Blank Screen" support for DisplayPort monitors.

https://support.gotomypc.com/help/how-do-i-enable-screen-blanking

3 REPLIES 3
AbhishekYadav
GoTo Moderator

Re: Feature Request - DisplayPort support for remote blank screen

Hey @cmodesign ,

Thanks so much for your suggestion about DisplayPort support. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

You're right, most new monitors do support DisplayPort connectors, and it's important for us to keep up with the latest technology. We're definitely going to look into adding "Blank Screen" support for DisplayPort monitors and will work on making this feature available as soon as we can.

Thanks again for helping us make GoToMyPC better.

Best,

Abhishek

arifali
GoTo Contributor

Hi @cmodesign , 

Could you please let us know what's operating system your host(remote) computer is running on? 
(The computer that you are trying to access)? 

and have you enabled "new screen blanking feature"?  

arifali
GoTo Contributor

@cmodesign while I wait for your answer to know your host operating system, I want to let you know that we do support DisplayPort, the support article is outdated and we need to update it. 

However, the DisplayPort is supported only for host computers on Windows 10 version 2004 and newer. 
To get it working its mandatory to enable the "New Screen Blanking feature". 

Please do give it a try and let us know if its not working for you, our support team can help you troubleshoot. 

arifali_0-1725501564473.png