cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arifali
GoTo Contributor

Introducing All-New browser-based remote-access and new file manager [ Invite only - Beta]

Hello GoToMyPC Users, 

Behind the scenes, GoToMyPC engineering teams are constantly innovating and working hard to enhance your remote access experience with the latest technological advancements. 

We are thrilled to announce an all-new browser-based remote-access solution, eliminating the need for any downloads. This new experience offers faster and more stable connections.  
Currently, this new solution is in private-beta (invite only). We are inviting GoToMyPC enthusiasts to try it.
If you are interested, please reply to this post or send us an email to gotomypcwebaccess-feedback@goto.com and we will give you exclusive access.

Be rest assured, you will always have the option to switch back to the classic version of GoToMyPC. Your classic GoToMyPC is here to stay and will never be discontinued. This browser-based remote-access solution serves as an additional method for seamless remote access.  

Let us know your feedback through surveys that show up after a remote session. We appreciate your support in making our services even better.

Below are some benefits of this newer version. 

1. Out-of-session File Manager: Newer version simplifies accessing fileswith all-new out-of-session file manager.  With the newer version, you can access files without getting into a remote session.
  2. No download needed:   Unlike GoToMyPC Classic, the newer version does not require downloading a native viewer app. It runs straight from the browser.  
  3. Access from any OS: Because the newer version works all from a browser this enables you to access your remote computer from any OS including Chromebook, and Linux.
  4. Improved time-to-connect: GoToMyPC Classic takes about 16 seconds to connect while the newer version takes about 11 seconds. 31% improvement. 
  5. Improved performance and stability: Expect the newer version to be 1.25x fasterand your sessions can run much longer without disconnects or screen freeze issues.
  6. Higher availability: We do not intend to decommission GoToMyPC Classic, ever. Both classic and newer versions would continue to work independently, always. the GoToMyPC Classic and the newer version both are running independently on different cloud infrastructures, this makes the overall availability of services very high. With just a click on the toggle button on top-right, you can switch between the two, it’s like having two remote-access products.
  7. New features:   
    1. In-session restart:  Now you can restart your computer in-session and after restarting it will automatically reconnect in the same session. 
    2. Resource Monitor:  View CPU, memory, storage, running processes etc. without getting into a remote session just by clicking on the computer name from my computer page.  

Here is a quick demo of this private beta.

[Note: It's currently available only to Personal plan users, we are working to make it available for Pro and Corporate plan users]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Introducing All-New browser-based remote-access and new file manager [ Invite only - Beta]

Hi @NoizeBoy @arifali,

Please email gotomypcwebaccess-feedback@goto.com to be added to the Private Beta.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
NoizeBoy

Re: Introducing All-New browser-based remote-access and new file manager [ Invite only - Beta]

Yes, please!

(removed for privacy GlennD 8.3.23)

Pat211
New Contributor

Interested!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @NoizeBoy @arifali,

Please email gotomypcwebaccess-feedback@goto.com to be added to the Private Beta.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
suihlein

Please sign me up... (removed for privacy GlennD 8.3.23)

Thanks,

- Stephen Uihlein

suihlein

Yes, please, set me up.
gtmpcenthusiast

Great news! I sent you an email. Great to be hearing from developers. My one wish for the world is that companies don't ruin their product with new features. Seems you are on board with that. Thanks.

gomno

I would like to try the All-New browser-based remote-access and new file manager

kai622

I'm very interested. 

kevinspc

Interested, please sign me up!