cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toasty66
Active Contributor

Re: Is GoToMyPC working on macOS Monterey?

Are you saying I have to contact customer support to have this change enabled for my tenant? Does this b3339 build fix the issue?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Toasty66  If you can wait a couple of days, your account should update automatically.  b3339 should be fully compatible with Monterey OS. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Toasty66
Active Contributor

Is there a way to get access to beta/private link so that I can test this version against the systems I have? 

Toasty66
Active Contributor

@AshC My hosts received the new version, and there is no change to the behavior.  The viewer app also had the version 3339 too, if that matters. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Toasty66  Can you try a re-install on one of the problem computers to help us confirm the behavior? 

Toasty66
Active Contributor

@AshC  I have tried a reinstall on two systems with no change in behavior. 

Are you not able to replicate this internally? 

Jeff

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Toasty66  I'm not aware of this behavior affecting GoToMyPC on Mac Hosts, no.  If you can call into Support to help us document further we may be able to track the problem. 

southga
New Contributor

I am also having the same issue from my MacBook Pro running GoToMyPC and the host computer is Mac running Monterey. I had not had this issue until the host computer was upgraded to the new Mac OS. Only way to solve is to continually disconnect from the host and reconnect and work until it decides to do it again. For me, suddenly the "e" brings up some stupid emoji selection window; the "m" does not type or do anything; and the "d" asks me if I want to enable dictation now. I've had to disconnect and reconnect about 20 times so far today. I work from home one day a week. Also not having any issues with those keystrokes on the host computer when I am in the office working normally.

Kelly

Toasty66
Active Contributor

Here is a trick to see what the remote control is doing to the keyboard. 

On the machine you are remote controlling,  go to System Preferences, Keyboard, Input Sources. Put a check mark in the "show input menu in the menu bar."

From the input menu in the menu bar, select "Show Keyboard Viewer"

This puts a virtual keyboard on your host screen.  You'll note that when remote controlling your host, GoToMyPC will for whatever reason active the Fn key, and the control key.  Sometimes it will unstick by pressing the FN key a bunch of times, but as you mentioned, disconnect/reconnect is the only solution until it starts again.  

Toasty66
Active Contributor

@AshC The lack of progress by LogMeIn has resulted in my uninstalling the product and moving to Splashtop.  I'm an enterprise customer with many seats, and will be moving both my GoToMyPC and LogMeIn seats over to Spashtop.   It baffles me how a company would let these issues persist for months without resolution.  

BTW - Spashtop has no issues with random keyboard inputs.  It works perfectly with the new macOS.