cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trinitystores

Multiple Users/Connections to Host PC at the Same Time

Hi:

Newbie here.  Can I connect a laptop user to my Host PC so that laptop user can access and work on applications on  the Host PC at the same time that I am working on the Host PC?

If so, how does this work and look?  Does laptop user and Host PC user see each others activities/work?

Can I also connect a second PC to the Host PC so that my CPA can access the Host PC to work on the accounting software?  Can the second PC (CPA) and the laptop user be connected to the Host PC and the Host PC user all work at the same time?   

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Multiple Users/Connections to Host PC at the Same Time

Hi @trinitystores, welcome to the community.

Think of GoToMyPC as extension cords for your screen, keyboard and mouse that you use to control the host and view its screen from a distance. Just like when you are sitting at the computer only one person can control and use it at a time. In order to have multiple people connect to the host and work on it they have to take turns signing on and using GoToMyPC.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Multiple Users/Connections to Host PC at the Same Time

Hi @trinitystores, welcome to the community.

Think of GoToMyPC as extension cords for your screen, keyboard and mouse that you use to control the host and view its screen from a distance. Just like when you are sitting at the computer only one person can control and use it at a time. In order to have multiple people connect to the host and work on it they have to take turns signing on and using GoToMyPC.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training