cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tan7
New Contributor

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

Same problem here. I can't connect from my Windows 7 machine but I am able to connect from my Windows 10 machine.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

Hi, we are investigating why a subset of customers are still seeing this issue. We are redeploying the fix from yesterday in case some customers did not receive it.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
karlr

Re: A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority

Same thing, all from Windows 7 PC's though which I know are not supported by Windows.

I've tried re-installing the MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer  which was the fix for when you get this error installing .Net framework.

Tried all 3 browsers, it seems the goto connector just doesn't talk to the servers anymore, or trust them.

UK.

mikesaroyan
Active Contributor

All Windows 10 users are able to connect.

Windows 7 users are still experiencing this problem.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @mikesaroyan, welcome to the community. Thank you for that information, one possibility we are looking into is that the affected computers do not have one of the required certificates installed as it is too new. Could you please have your Windows 7 users visit this page? https://trusted-root-g4.chain-demos.digicert.com/ their browser should display a warning if they do not have the certificate installed.

tan7
New Contributor

My Windows 7 machine using a Firefox browser is able to load the digicert page without any warnings. However, I still get the same invalid required certificate error when trying to load gotomypc.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you @tan7

For those of you still experiencing this issue, please give our toll-free support a call and they will assist. The wait time should not be long.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

The following steps will ensure that you have the required certificate installed and that it has the correct permissions enabled:

1. Navigate to this verification page. If the page doesn’t load, that means they do not have Digi cert on the machine. You can download the  root cert at DigiCert (DigiCert Trusted Root G4, DER format, parent web page link ) and install it by choosing local machine as option.
  2. If you have certificate already installed, and still facing the issues then follow the below steps :
  1. Select Run from the Start menu, and then enter certlm.msc.
  2. Find DigiCert Trusted Root G4, right click on “properties”.
  3. Select third radio button (Enable only for the following purposes) under “Certificate purposes”, and check “Server Authentication”, “Client Authentication”, “Code Signing”, “Secure Email”, “Time stamping”
  4. Click on apply.

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 10.43.01 PM.png

Once you have completed these steps, sign into your GoToMyPC account and try to connect to your Host computer.

EDIT -  Including info from follow up posts later in this thread:

We have developed an executable for those customers still having issues after the fix was released:

1. Please download this file and run it once on the local (Client) computer that you are connecting from.
  2. Sign into your GoToMyPC account and connect to Host as you always do.

If you are not using MFA or SSO on your account you can also download the GoToMyPC client-app and connect to host computer using client app.

If you are still unable to connect after doing this, please give our toll-free support a call and they will assist further. 

Wfu212
New Contributor

on a Windows 10 Pro machine ver 21H1 located in NYC

Cannot connect to GotomyPC, Digicert certificate downloaded and opened fine, permissions set as to specified, and still nothing, getting the same time error

Wfu212
New Contributor

I had to manually set my date to 11/2/2021 and was able to start gotomypc for whatever that is worth...