cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Crestron integration with GoToMeeting or similar products.

I'm trying to achieve a live video testimony for Council meetings and am wondering if GoToMeeting or any of the other products integrate with Crestron Electronics products. Basically I am needing to pull in the microphones and video cameras that are connected into a rack and all ran by the Crestron system. When utilizing GoToMeeting it can pull native devices but I can't find a way to have it detect or point it to certain devices to be able to provide the audio and video feeds. Along with this I will need it to display the video back to one particular panel on the dais as well as play the audio through the Chambers speakers so that way it can be heard by everyone as well as recorded for records keeping purposes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Crestron integration with GoToMeeting or similar products.

@PMass  Most of the GoTo services stream A/V in a similar fashion.  With regards to the mic or webcam inputs, it's important to recognize that GoToMeeting is only looking for a USB plug-and-play device.  You can toggle between multiple devices through the Audio section of the control panel, when live -- however GoToMeeting won't normally work with hardware that requires its own software.  Crestron has many types of devices to choose from, as long as you have a USB output then it could be compatible.

Sending the audio out locally or through splitters is no problem -- as the local PC handles all the output options.

1 REPLY 1
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Crestron integration with GoToMeeting or similar products.

@PMass  Most of the GoTo services stream A/V in a similar fashion.  With regards to the mic or webcam inputs, it's important to recognize that GoToMeeting is only looking for a USB plug-and-play device.  You can toggle between multiple devices through the Audio section of the control panel, when live -- however GoToMeeting won't normally work with hardware that requires its own software.  Crestron has many types of devices to choose from, as long as you have a USB output then it could be compatible.

Sending the audio out locally or through splitters is no problem -- as the local PC handles all the output options.