cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MuniSoft
New Contributor

GoTo App changes to keyboard permissions

1. Is there a way to gain control of the attendee’s mouse and keyboard like before? In the help files we found an article on Remote Control, explaining how to give attendees control of the trainer's screen, but for most of our training we need it to be the other way around. Our trainers take control of the attendees computer to show them how to use the software.  

We’ve tried making the attendee the presenter but that doesn’t always work. In one case, they didn’t seem to have the option to give their trainer control. But just in general, walking the attendee through the process takes away from training time. Is there a way to get functionality back?

Random Technical Issues

2. We’ve had two instances where the Organizer has been booted out of the meeting for no reason.

1. One occurrence the meeting just shut down and it booted everyone out. They did manage to get it up and running again, but it did cause a panic.
    2. For the other occurrence the Organizer lost audio mid-session and had to re-join the meeting in order for it to work again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Issues with new experience - Trainers can't gain control of attendee's mouse/keyboard anymore

Hi @MuniSoft 

I'm sorry to hear about those recent GoTo failures.  We would be interested in gathering some log files from any trainer who experiences sudden exit or audio loss from the application.  If this occurred both times with the same trainer, I would also suggest closing any unused / background applications that wont be needed during the broadcast. 

I'm afraid that granting keyboard controls, as well as unmuting and requesting webcam sharing are permissions that have changed in the new GoTo app for several privacy reasons.  It will always be up to the presenter to unmute themselves or grant controls to individual participants.  Remote control should be available to all desktop and browser based experiences, so we would want to learn more about the attendees having problems like which operating system and web browser they were using at the time. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Issues with new experience - Trainers can't gain control of attendee's mouse/keyboard anymore

Hi @MuniSoft 

I'm sorry to hear about those recent GoTo failures.  We would be interested in gathering some log files from any trainer who experiences sudden exit or audio loss from the application.  If this occurred both times with the same trainer, I would also suggest closing any unused / background applications that wont be needed during the broadcast. 

I'm afraid that granting keyboard controls, as well as unmuting and requesting webcam sharing are permissions that have changed in the new GoTo app for several privacy reasons.  It will always be up to the presenter to unmute themselves or grant controls to individual participants.  Remote control should be available to all desktop and browser based experiences, so we would want to learn more about the attendees having problems like which operating system and web browser they were using at the time. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
MuniSoft
New Contributor

Hi,

GTT Shut Down Issue:

It was two different trainers who experienced those shut downs. I’ll pass along the note to make sure background applications are closed when running GTT. We’ll see if that stops the shut downs.

Remote Control Issue:

My colleague had done an investigation after the fact and concluded that the attendee was probably not following the directions to find the option to grant remote control to the trainer, but that’s just our point.

With this new update, our trainers have been making the attendees the presenter and then asking the attendee to grant the trainer remote control of the attendee’s computer, so the trainer can show the attendee how to use our software on the attendee’s own computer (which is the whole point of our training sessions)

Our attendees aren’t as familiar with GTT as our trainers are, so talking them through that whole process takes away from valuable training time and in some cases like the one mentioned, leads to the attendee feeling extremely frustrated.  

We understand there is need for privacy but it would be nice if an option could be added where the trainer could click a button on their screen that says “Request Remote Control” and then a pop up could display on the attendee’s machine where they could either accept or decline the request.  We’d appreciate it if GTT would consider adding a feature like this in a future update.

Thanks