cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mszeu
Active Contributor

Unable to Terminate the session for all and very bad support experience

Hello,

it's a couple of days I'm struggling with a problem related to GoTo.

When I finish my session and press the button to terminate it for all the attendees nothing happens.

The application hangs and the only solution is to close the GoTo application.

Terminating the Goto application does not terminate the session for all.

It's happening in my environment every single time (7 in total this week) and so I decided to call the support.

The experience was not pleasant at all.

The support engineer told me before of all to terminate the session from the session lists on the web (??) or to reboot the computer.

When I said I was not happy about the solution he said that the solution was that one

When I asked to speak with his manager he told me that "his manager would repeat the same solution to so.."

When  I insisted to escalate the case he took my phone number but no one called me back yet and this case does not appear logged in my case list.

he was between being ''in a rush'' and arrogant.

I do not tolerate this behaviour. I was, during my career, a support engineer and I never acted in this way.

Let's see if the manager will contact me or not....

Kind regards,

Marco

10 REPLIES 10
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Unable to Terminate the session for all and very bad support experience

Hi @mszeu,

I apologize for the frustration. Can you please provide me with the support ticket number for this call so I can look into it further? If you are having this issue every time you try to end the training session there should something in the log and system files we can review.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
mszeu
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD ,

I just checked in the support portal and it seems that the support engineer 'forgot' to log the case.

May someone please contact me to discuss the matter? 

I called from the UK at around 1.30 PM London Time.

Kind regards and thanks,

Marco

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@mszeu Please click on my user name and send me a  private message with the phone number you called from, this will make it a lot easier to locate the call in our system.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
mszeu
Active Contributor

Thanks for the swift reply. I wrote to you in private.

Kind regards,

Marco 

VRLDO
Contributor

I had the same thing happen last Friday for the first time. Couldn't end the session, had to go back into the training and THEN I could end it.

mszeu
Active Contributor

A couple of days ago a person from the support called me back apologising for the bad support experience I had and she told me that, as a test, she was going to downgrade the version of the Goto client to the previous one.

Next week I'll test the downgraded version and see what happens.

I found out that the issue happens solidly only after long sessions (mine are 1h30min long) and it does not happen if the session is really short.

Let's see...

Thanks ^ Regards,

Marco 

mszeu
Active Contributor

Hello,

the issue is persisting and I can solidly replicate every single time.

I updated the support with logs and I'm waiting for their findings.

What I found in the logs (they are a bit...messy 😉 ) that could ring a bell to developers is the following entry:

[2022-07-05T12:13:04.400Z +01:00] [warn]  [meeting-experience] category= warn data= [ { msg: 'closePeerConnection(stopped): Failed to send BYE request to gateway', response: Error: connection closed

at async Eo._sessionEnd (https://app.gotomeeting.com/shell/index.js:12:1270847), sessionId: '507c7c39-a6d7-e441-8c86-e2f2e9027178', version: '29.4.0  commitHash: c084582cea', channelId: 'e008c8ef-5cf1-4979-ad30-a668a5d1b216' } ] seq= 697 origin= RtcClientWeb.RtcClient.ClientSession.RtcvsAudioSessionManager ts= 2022-07-05T12:13:04.404Z

Kind regards,

Marco - StockTrader

Bullhorn Academ
Active Contributor

Hey Marco,

Did they ever come back to you with a solution? Or have you reverted to the 'classic' view? 

I have a couple or trainers with the same issue, unable to close down sessions?

Thanks,

Adam.

mszeu
Active Contributor

Hello,

They are still investigating and trying to reproduce the issue.

I can replicate the issue at every training session, and I collect and send the logs to them all the time.

They just told me that from the logs, they could not determine the cause of the issue, and they asked if I had a firewall and the full rights to run the app.

In my case, my Windows 10 has the personal firewall completely disabled, I'm the only admin and user of the box, and I do not have any antivirus/intrusion detection app.

Now they asked me to have a remote session with them to try to tackle the problem, but I bet will be really complex because the problem happens only if the session si long (not just connect and then disconnect) and potentially, the number of connected users plays a role as well.

Let's see! 

Kind regards,

Marco