cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mszeu
Active Contributor

Unable to share camera in GotoTraining

Hello,

sporadically, I cannot share the camera, and there are no other ways to solve the problem than terminating the session and opening it again.

The solution is very impractical because, closing the session, all the attendees will be kicked out.

I have two cameras connected to the laptop, the internal one and the Logitech external one.

Swapping the camera that I want to share does not help.

I do not have any firewall or network restrictions and I'm connecting always from the same clean unfiltered internet all the time.

There are no other processes using the camera.

I'm using GoTo version Version 3.38.0 from Windows 10x64 bit, 16 Mb Ram.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Marco S. Zuppone aka StockTrader

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Unable to share camera in GotoTraining

Hi @mszeu welcome back to the Community, I have a few questions: 

• Since you have two webcams available, does the issue happen more often when the internal or external webcam is the one you are trying to share?
  • Have you checked for driver updates on either camera? If not, can you try that?
  • When it happens, is there any kind of error message? 
  • The next time it happens (perhaps host some test meetings to try and trigger it) can you use the Report an Issue option. This will also send info to the developers and if he provides us with the report number it shows him we can let the dev team know that the report is his for this issue.
  • Can you gather logs the next time it happens? I'll PM you an email where they can be sent. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
mszeu
Active Contributor

Hello,

These are the reply to your questions:

• The problem happens independently by the camera I want to share.
  • The drivers are updated
  • The error message displayed is that is not possible to share that resource. I do not remember the exact message.
  • What is happening: When I press the button to share the camera, the led of the camera turns on; on the screen, I can see my ''camera'' window in the gotoTraining interface with some dots spinning, and after a while the message that tells me that the resource cannot be shared any longer appears.
  • The ''funny'' thing is that before pressing the Start/Connect Meeting button, I can see my camera working perfectly, but during the session, if I try to share the camera, I get the issue.
  • If I terminate the session and relaunch it, most of the time will work well.

Kind regards,

Marco Zuppone | StockTrader

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mszeu thanks for the additional context and logs. We have passed both on to our team for further review. 

JamesEley

Hello,

We seem to be having the same issues as above 😞

Thanks. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JamesEley welcome to the Community. Can you let me know a bit more about what's happening? What is the setup like?