cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VRLDO
Contributor

Why is Flexible Layout only for the Presenter?

This is just terrible. We have a team of producers on our webinars, the person that's presenting is generally not the one that is trying to monitor attendees and chat at the same time. Is there some magic way to undock those two tabs for Organizers who are not presenting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Why is Flexible Layout ONLY FOR THE PRESENTER??

Hi @TreyMc,  

We will be adding flexible layout for attendees of GoTo Meetings and GoTo Trainings soon in an upcoming update.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TreyMc
Active Contributor

I agree! This is a feature every other presentation online software has, including GoTo Webinar. If we use a producer/facilitator, their view is limited to the same view as attendees with a few additional items like polls and quizes.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @TreyMc,  

We will be adding flexible layout for attendees of GoTo Meetings and GoTo Trainings soon in an upcoming update.

TreyMc
Active Contributor

Thanks Glenn. Do we have any idea of the timeline? This has been an issue ever since the update to the desktop app.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

I do not have an official ETA yet, but I believe we are planning for an early April release. 

pauljedifecs

increase size of shared screens within the app frame

I just completed testing of the latest version of the GoTo app (0.105.11). The earlier versions dating back to 2022 were too buggy for my team to use for customer training, so we switched to using Teams and Zoom instead. After seeing that there were a lot of updates to the app, I did some more testing.  But the fundamental flaw of the "new and improved" interface is still there: a shared screen will be displayed on a black frame  with blank space on either side that takes up 20 -30% of the space available. The overly large icons for participants, and the overly large contol icons at the bottom of the screen just make it worse. If I'm sharing a 1920 x 1080 screen that is rich with text and complex graphics, shrinking it down to accomodate this smaller frame makes it difficult for participants to read. This is simply bad user interface design. The interface should get out of the way as much as possible, not dominate the screen or treat the content as an afterthought. The old version of the GoToTraining app handled this well, as do Zoom and Teams.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: increase size of shared screens within the app frame

Hi @pauljedifecs, welcome to the community.

I moved your post out of Community Ideas as it is already something that we have been working on and will be available in an upcoming update.