Add more than 20 polls during a webinar?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

0 Kudos

I have a long webinar where I need to generate 30+ polls but I see there is a limit of 20. Is it possible to delete used poll questions during the webinar and add new ones as a workaround? Are there any other options to have more than 20 polls?

17 Comments
sriazi

Our organization is also REALLY REALLY needing more polls as well. We're in the same situation. We will need many more than 20. Why is there a limit? I emplore you to please consider increasing this. 

BEHMR

With the increased usage of webcasts for training in the CPA profession, we really need the option of more than 20 polling questions because many of our events are 8 hour events.  To issue CPE credit for the learning event over a webcast, we have to issue 3 attendance checks or polling questions per CPE hour so for an 8 hour event that is 24 polling questions.  The only way around this is to set up 2 events with 2 separate links and that causes a lot of confusion for attendees to have to log off and log back on with another link they are searching for in their email.  In addition, it is more time consuming for the one who compiles the attendance data for CPE credit because I have to merge two reports. Could you please consider adding 4 more questions?

Webinar Studio
Contributor

Can anyone at GTW answer why there is a 20 poll limit?  Is it technical or arbitrary?   It definitely needs to be increased.  With the huge amount of virtual events, now half day, all day, and multi-day events are commonplace.

There is an unsanctioned workaround that we have used.   During the session, you can go into the polls (during a break works well) and delete some that you have already launched and add more.  All of the polls will still be on the attendee report.  We have successfully done this for many events.  It is annoying to have to do it, and do so at your own risk - but it is working for us.

But GTW, please increase the polling limit!!

Webinar Studio
Contributor

Can anyone at GTW answer why there is a 20 poll limit?  Is it technical or arbitrary?   It definitely needs to be increased.  With the huge amount of virtual events, now half day, all day, and multi-day events are commonplace.

@BEHMR - There is an unsanctioned workaround that we have used.   During the session, you can go into the polls (during a break works well) and delete some that you have already launched and add more.  All of the polls will still be on the attendee report.  We have successfully done this for many events.  It is annoying to have to do it, and do so at your own risk - but it is working for us.

We need more polls GTW!

Ken4
Frequent Contributor

While the live event is going on and as you use up polling questions, it will allow you to add new ones while you use em up. So, as I use 5 of the 20 I go to "manage polls" and add 5 more. Works pretty well... or you could have another organizer adding them while you manage other webinar logistics. 

Webinar Studio
Contributor

@Ken4  - I covered that workaround in my post but the bigger picture is WHY does there need to be a workaround?

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator