cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Add support for more languages.

Add support for more languages.

The invitations look "funny" when some of the text is in English...

35 Comments
Brenda Dentinge
New Contributor
thanks for letting me know.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Brenda Dentinge Within the supported GoToWebinar languages, you may schedule individual sessions with specific languages, such as English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, Portugese, Korean and Japanese.  Once scheduled, most of the website and email communications will default to the language you selected during the setup process.

WebinarLangSchedule.PNG

JohanC

I fully agree. The current situation is not acceptable. It is like providing only a Spanish version to the US clients.

Kirsty Fossenge
Active Contributor

Hi, what are the plans for further languages to be available? We are still waiting for Norwegian.

Kr, Kirsty

AAI

Hello!

Is it possible to add Russian language to the list of languages used for the GoTOWebinar interface?

BR,

AAI

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @AAI

Thank you for your contribution!

I'll move this topic into our GoToWebinar 'Ideas' section so others may comment on it or follow the thread.

a_kononenko
Active Contributor

Dear  GoToWebinar stuff,

This year as newer required an online meeting services. Unfortunately GoToWebinar still supports limited language list. A Russian-speaking people is an big audience over 200 million people. 

All worldwide online conference providers offer a localized product but not GoToWebinar.

We're using your service about 2 year and ready to help your company to do prepare and release a Russian mailings, software interface and other related resources. I hope it can be interesting for you. Let me know if yes.

tapper101

I don't know why this isn't a higher priority with you guys, or what's holding you back from doing it.

I'm sure people are fine with having the website and dashboard in English, but how much work could it possibly be to have just the registration page translated to other languages (other than the already supported languages)? I.e. internal views (admin) in English and external view (visitor/attendee) in the local language.

I work with translations myself and I'd wager translating all the labels and buttons would be about a days work.

It doesn't look good when you have the event title and description in, for instance, Swedish and all the fields, labels and buttons in English. Having it in the same language would certainly help with credibility, perhaps increasing the chance that a visitor will register.

Is anything like this planned for the future? Maybe you can involve the community. I would gladly help with translations to Swedish.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@tapper101  I'm sorry Swedish is not currently a language we have native support for.  This will be considered for later development as GoTo customers weigh in on your enhancement idea. 

VincentTseng

Agreed, please add Traditional Chinese language option for better webinars in Taiwan. We often receive responses to related issues too. For example, when adding Outlook calendar, there will be garbled characters because the part of our customer's system does not support simplified Chinese characters.