Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Confirm Registrant's Email address during the registration process

0 Kudos

Confirm Registrant's Email address during the registration process

When our clients try to register for our Webinar, many times they type in a bad email address.

When they do this, we do not know that they never received an approval or denial of the registration process.

A confirmation field to retype their email address would be useful.

Thank you,

Michael Kwart

2 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

kslimp

I've led hundreds of webinars on gotowebinar over the years and there's a problem that's becoming more problematic with time. I do paid webinars: people pay a registration fee to attend. In most webinars, at least one person misspells their email address when registering. The only way I know this is because I've started sending emails to everyone who registers ... if the address is bad, it comes back to me. I have to do this on my own. GoTo doesn't let me know if an email bounces back.

My request: Make it possible for the host to correct an email address. I can't simply delete the registration and replace it with the correct address. If I delete one, GoTo automatically refunds the money. So I have to create a second "free" registration to be sure the registrant gets into the webinar. This also requires more issues on the back end because we have to manipulate the GoTo spreadsheet of registrants so their certificates say they paid for the session, not received it free.

It's a big pain. It seems simple enough to allow hosts to correct (or add a second) an email to a registration.