Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Improve Accessibility with Screen Readers

0 Kudos

Improve Accessibility with Screen Readers

Quite a number of our association members are blind or visually impaired and use screen readers such as JAWS when they are using computers. The screen reader actually reads commands out loud so the user can make selections. They report difficulty in finding radio buttons to opt for the telephone number as an alternative, and they are not able to find the question box easily, raise their hand, etc.

Is Citrix working to correct this problem? If so, when might we expect a solution? We have some angry people.

33 Comments
Rachel5
Does GoToMeeting have an accessibility policy listed?  Are they required to have that listed and be w3c compliant?
Jeremy Grandsta
Hey there support, still awaiting that call. This is a piece of software that gets used by a majority of people and should be accessible. If you haven't contacted me to resolve this issue or to start addressing this issue by October 5, I will be starting a social media campaign to publically scold and embarrass the organization for your lack of commitment to provide access to all people. I have asked several times via phone and this discussion that you address this issue. Thanks, Jeremy 614-519-3026
Ginger Croce
Active Contributor
Like Mr. Grandstaff, we are still waiting for a response to everyone on the accessibility issue. When will this be addressed?
Jennifer Fiero
We have had several complaints from blind users about how difficult it is to use this platform for webinars. Citrix should be able to make this work. The biggest issue is that they can not get their audio pin as the screenreaders can not read the control panel. If the pin can at least be emailed to them after registration then that would give them access to the audio portion using a phone. 
Jennifer Fiero
3 years and you haven't made your platform accessible for screen readers yet.
Peter McNally
It sounds like GotoMeeting is not accessible and is not doing anything to make their platform accessible.  What other platforms have people used instead of GotoMeetng that are more accessible?  I am interested in people using screen readers such as JAWS.  
Jennifer Fiero
I'm testing out Talking Communities. They host Freedom Scientifics webinars so they are conpleatly JAWS accessible. Less expensive than goto training too. Not as many features, but... If my audience can't even listen to our webinars what does it matter if there is an online library/catalog?
Peter McNally
Thanks Jennifer, I will check it out. Do you know if participants can share their screen. I need to do one-on-one usability testing.

I will go to the talking communities site and review in detail. This could be a great solution.

Pete
Ginger Croce
Active Contributor
My organization uses Talking Communities on occasion. Be aware that there are limitations and it won't work for every occasion.

Wish Citrix would at least comment on all the complaints about the lack of accessibility.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Ginger, the status has not changed. There are currently no plans to add support for this.