Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Improve Accessibility with Screen Readers

0 Kudos

Improve Accessibility with Screen Readers

Quite a number of our association members are blind or visually impaired and use screen readers such as JAWS when they are using computers. The screen reader actually reads commands out loud so the user can make selections. They report difficulty in finding radio buttons to opt for the telephone number as an alternative, and they are not able to find the question box easily, raise their hand, etc.

Is Citrix working to correct this problem? If so, when might we expect a solution? We have some angry people.

33 Comments
Peter McNally
Hi Glenn, why don't you have any plans?  Does Citrix realize the market opportunity they are missing.  Just think if your product was Section 508 compliant you would have in with the US Federal Government not to mention many other organizations around the globe.

Pete
Michele Paley B
Wow, this is very disappointing. Maybe they don't understand what a screenreader is or why its important? Do they understand that there isn't a single blind person in the whole world who can attend and participate in their meetings???!
Michele Paley B
According to the Ctrix website it *IS* something they claim is important... https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/security-compliance/section-508.html
Ctisot
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can the software be improved to work better with screen-reading software for the ....

Software is ALMOST stress free with screen-reading software such as JAWS. But when it doesn't work, it's a huge hassle. Can improvements be made? 
GlennD
GoTo Manager
As our products are sharing the presenter's screen, it's not possible for screen reader on an attendee's computer to read what is being displayed. 
Shirley2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IS GoTo accessible for people with disability? Compatible with Assisted Technolog....

I want to start a GoTo Webinar but I am wondering if the software is accessible for people with disability? Is the program compatible with assisted technology such as JAWS, Zoom text and or dragon?
jzr

I've been asked this question as part of a State bid.  "please indicate if training platform is ADA compatible"

GlennD
GoTo Manager
I'm sorry no, not at this time.
WayneIT2

Hi all

I hope you're all very well.

I wonder if anyone can please help me or point me in the right direction with the following question.

Do you know if GoToWebinar works with any visual impaired software, i.e JAWS, Dragon, etc 

If it does work with any visual impaired software, does anyone know which one works well with GoToWebinar.

Many Thanks

Wayne

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@WayneIT2  Hi Wayne,

Unfortunately GoToWebinar does not work with visual recognition software yet, but we will certainly update the entire Community once this is possible.