Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Update State / Province lists for better accuracy

0 Kudos

Update State / Province lists for better accuracy

We've had registrants point out that they cannot select "other" in the State field when they choose a country other than United States. How can this be resolved?

45 Comments
afenn
Active Contributor

Has there been any update on this issue? This is a HUGE problem for us -- we need to require state to be able to properly segment our leads, but we also have received many complaints from international cusotmers who are required to fill in a "state" when they select a country outside the US & Canada. Not requiring the state field is not an option. It seems that it should be an easy fix to simply add "none" or "not applicable" to a drop down list.

AB_NRI

The list of state/province does not include all US territories/jurisdictions. Would it be possible to either add an 'other' option or add the missing US territories/jurisdictions to the state/province list (i.e., American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Marshall Islands, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, and Palau)? For webinars we host, state/province is a required field but with no 'other' option or without the above enumerated territories/jurisdictions being included in the state/province list, participants from these areas are unable to register for the webinars.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @AB_NRI,

Thank you for bringing this up, we are reviewing our counrty, state/province lists and I have added your feedback.

Duo_BR
Visitor

Hi There.

Would be possible to include "None" or "Other" as option for State/Province field?
I know this has been requested numerous times. As your client, I feel embarassed when someone registering fo one of my webinars says their contry's states are not listed in options, and there is no option they can chose.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I would rather the attendee choose "other" than to choose the wrong country, because they have to pick something.

Duo_BR
Visitor

Correct. But the is no "Other" option.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I was not clear. I am agreeing that having an "other"  choice would be helpful.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Actually, since GoToWebinar is a global product, you'd think there might be a good solution for global participation and the form would accomodate ALL countries internationally. The frustrating thing about this is this registration forms have not be updated in all of the time since the product was launched. I know because I was a customer that long ago. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Part of this has to do with GoTo being an American company, and thus are not allowed to do business with certain countries.  I hope that is not why they are not allowed to have an "Other" choice.

If GoTo makes an official comment here, due to political pressure, it will be a well thought out "we'll look into it."

It is unfortunate when politics gets in the way of us creating a better, more-informed planet.

scottstrand
Active Contributor

This really needs to be fixed, it should be so easy to add "None" to the list.

Even better would be the ability to display the Country field first, and have the State/Province field appear only if United States or Canada is selected. Slightly more work, but still easy, and it's the best experience.