cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Are Attendees required to register before they can join a webinar?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to disable registration alltogether?.

I have multiple webinars to do over the next few days, and want them to be generally open to individuals that have the link (like in GTM). Is there a way to bypass the registration part in GoToWebinar?
Respected Contributor

dawn - In GoToWebinar all participants must register.  That way you know who is whom in the attendee list.
New Contributor

So basically no, there is no way to disable them? 
LogMeIn Contributor

That is correct.
New Contributor

Has this been fixed yet? I really need a generic link to allow anyone to get to an active webinar page.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Chris,
This is not a defect but is a security requirement to ensure all attendees are approved by the the GoToWebinar or GoToTraining Organizers before entrance is allowed.

If you do not want to use this feature, GoToMeeting can allow up to 100 attendees per session, but also does not have any of the advanced features like email reminders and survey questions.

New Contributor

and that's a great security feature that I should be able to disable.  I want to have a full featured webinar, but I want it available to registrants' colleagues that simply have a link
LogMeIn Contributor

Technically, anyone can join a webinar or training live, with the Registration Link.  Only is it a two step process if they register in advance.

Respected Contributor

Please do not fix this so-called defect.  In ten years of using GoToWebinar, I have not had any complaints from an attendee, because they had to enter their name and email address.
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Create webinar with no registration form.

I am being asked to create a webinar without requiring people to register in advance. Is this possible?