cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Is it possible to offer a GoToWebinar that does not require any registration in advance?

Is this answer still accurate today, or has this changed since the reply? Is registration still required to join?
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Is it possible to offer a GoToWebinar that does not require any registration in advance?

Hi Tyler, GoToWebinar will always require attendees to register before they attend or view a recording. It is a core function.  If you do not expect to have more than 100 attendees, you could use GoToMeeting Plus which does not have a registration feature.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thanks. Ideally I like the muting feature of GoToWebinar and the options to ask questions. Does GoToMeeting offer these? My meeting is an employee business update not really a webinar, but we have people logging in from all over the country.
LogMeIn Manager

You can mute all with GoToMeeting and attendees should join muted by default however, they can un-mute themselves unlike in GoToWebinar. There is an open Chat feature that can be used to ask questions. Since it is an employee meeting you should be able to direct everyone to stay muted and save questions until the end, so that the meeting is manageable.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Reservationless Meetings

We use GotToWebinar and are hosting an online event for our customers and don't want to require them to register. We want to be able to send them a link and tell them to show up at that URL at a certain time. No registration or login required. Is there a way to do this with GoToWebinar? I can't seem to find anything about this.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Reservationless Meetings

@InvestorsAlley  I am sorry, attendee registration is still a required part of GoToWebinar for several security reasons.  There are no plans to change this behavior.

New Contributor

Re: Reservationless Meetings

Thanks Ash. Certainly not the answer

@AshC wrote:

@InvestorsAlley  I am sorry, attendee registration is still a required part of GoToWebinar for several security reasons.  There are no plans to change this behavior.

I was hoping for but I appreciate your candor and quick response.

New Contributor

Re: Are Attendees required to register before they can join a webinar?

is that still valid?

We have many customers registered through our company solution

we have their data and informed consent
and would like to use that information to register them for G2W events we run,
and so cut the corner and send them the participant link only to them.
How can we make that happen? Through API you offer?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Are Attendees required to register before they can join a webinar?

@Tho-Mas  That's correct:  The ability to import registrants is only available by utilizing GoToWebinar APIs or a collaborating partner.

Reference:  https://www.gotomeeting.com/integration-marketplace

https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/api/gotowebinar-rest-api