Email notification when registrant cancels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented.

0 Kudos

Just like I receive emails when someone registers for a webinar, I would like to receive an email when they cancel registration. If I only have 1 registrant, it would be nice to know if they cancelled so I can free up my calendar.

22 Comments
Melissa Irwin-P
Active Contributor

I would like to see this as well!

Toni Grondin
Active Contributor
This just happened to me as well!! I noticed this conversation was from 2 years ago, do you know if this has been added as a feature yet?
Melissa Boehlin
Active Contributor
We just had this happen and I tested it with myself and appears this is still not the case that nothing is sent if someone cancels which is not good.  As well the fact it does't appear there is a way to remove the option to cancel and/or run a report to see who cancelled.   Anyone from GoTo that can share the status of any of this being put in place or at least one of the options? Thanks!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Melissa,
There must be a way for Attendees to cancel their registration due to various email and privacy rules we have to follow.  Sorry if this is an inconvenience in some way.

Melissa Boehlin
Active Contributor
I can understand that but then would it not make sense to ensure that we as the host are able to be notified via email or a report that they have cancelled? 
Liz Whalley
Active Contributor
We just had a similar issue. A registrant cancelled from our webinar, and I received no notification so I was unaware of this. I can't even run a report showing who originally registered and who dropped out. I can't remember the details of this person, so we have no access at all to their contact information.

There should be a way to see who has cancelled, so we can follow up with them to find out why?
BethanyM
Active Contributor

Hello, 

We had an attendee that pre-registered for a webinar and cancelled approximately 30 minutes before the start of our webinar. However, our admin account did not receive a notification of the cancellation. We were only able to know that the participant had cancelled because we can rechecked the registration list. - Is it possible to turn on or activate notifications for cancelleations? 

Our Organization hosts multiples webinars daily and carefully monitors attendance for tracking purposes. 

Thank you for your help and any ideas that may be applicable! 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@BethanyM  I am sorry, there is not a notification setting currently when GoToWebinar Registrants cancel.

Steuertipps

hi,

if a customer cancels a webinar about the functions in Go-To-Webinar, then I don't get any information about it as administrator. Unfortunately, the comparison with the registration list is not enough for me. I absolutely need the information by e-mail.

Would it be a problem to store this information via the admin's e-mail address?

Or is it perhaps possible to switch off the cancellation via the built-in functional areas, e.g. in the confirmation e-mail?

Thank you!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Steuertipps  Cancellations by registrants is a security requirement.  The request to remove registrant data by the recipient is also one that we must abide by for privacy reasons.  If things should change in the future, we will definitely update the Community here with new functionality.