cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KML1
New Contributor

How to edit sender name for email reminders

I am having a problem with our company webinar email reminders sending out under my name, rather than the company name. For clarity, I am talking about the 1 day/1 hour email reminder with my full name showing as the sender. I thought I fixed the problem by changing it under "Email Address for Replies" in the webinar settings, but it didn't work (apparently). I recently took on our company's webinars and GoTo Admin account - the previous admin had never attempted to change this setting.

I can't find any help in their customer support and I refuse to call (as their only customer support option).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to change the email sender name? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: How to edit sender name for email reminders

Hi @KML1, welcome to the community.

The sender's name is taken from your account information, this support article explains how to change that information: Change Your Display Name 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
KML1
New Contributor

Hi there!

Thanks for trying to help the situation!

I did see this on the support page, but my problem with changing my account name is that when I present webinars, I assume this will also change the display name that attendees see? I only want to change the "sender" name in emails. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

It will change the name displayed in the emails, but in the software you can set your in session display name separately. 

In GoToWebinar Classic and the GoTo App you open Preferences in the software to edit your in session name, or once the webinar software is launched you can do it in the Control Panel before starting the broadcast and it will be remembered for future sessions.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training