cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielsTraining
New Contributor

Multiple Attendees Under one Registrant

I offer my webinars as monthly open-enrollment training for a fee. Usually customers register and pay just for themselves to attend the training. However, sometimes a business wishes to register several persons to attend one webinar. In this case the business wants there to be only one contact person for the training (one email address entered) and process one payment for the multiple attendees. After completion of the webinar/training, each attendee receives a certificate directly from me (not automated from GTW). Is there any way to allow one person to register multiple attendees (sometimes the registrant doesn't attend the training) for a webinar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Multiple Attendees Under one Registrant

Hi @DanielsTraining, welcome to the community.

In these cases you could have the business pay you and send an list of their attendees, then you could use the Bulk Registration feature to register them all at the same time: Add Registrants in Bulk 

Please note that the bulk Registration feature should only be used with attendees that have already consented to being registered for your webinar. Any accounts found to be using this feature to register people for webinars without their consent will be terminated. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @DanielsTraining, welcome to the community.

In these cases you could have the business pay you and send an list of their attendees, then you could use the Bulk Registration feature to register them all at the same time: Add Registrants in Bulk 

Please note that the bulk Registration feature should only be used with attendees that have already consented to being registered for your webinar. Any accounts found to be using this feature to register people for webinars without their consent will be terminated. 

DanielsTraining
New Contributor

Thank you. Unfortunately, that still requires a unique email address for each attendee. I wish to allow one email address for multiple attendees. Each attendee must be displayed as Registered for the webinar. All attendees registered under the one email address would be paid for at one time.

DanielsTraining
New Contributor

Allow for multiple registrants in the same webinar using the same email address

Commonly, a business will wish to register several employees for one of my webinars. Ideally, they would enter multiple persons but only one email address. Before completing the registration the business would make a payment for all persons attending the webinar. Only the email address entered would receive the link to join the webinar and any other emails sent by GTW. I was told by a GTW Help and Support Manager that GTW does not allow for this and that I should post this request in the Community.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@DanielsTraining While we do have a Community Ideas section for feature requests, this particular request realistically is not possible. GoToWebinar's architecture is designed around each attendee registering, having their own unique join link and having their individual participation reported on. 

If you don't want attendees to have to register at all, you can live stream your webinar to YouTube, Facebook or LinkedIn. If you want to accept a single payment for multiple attendees there are options like the method I suggested.

Depending on the size of the groups you typically train and the features you need, you might consider using GoTo Meeting instead. There is no integrated payment system so you would need find your own way to accept payment, but there is no registration involved, everyone joins using the same link and then enters their name and providing an email address is optional.