cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgB
New Contributor

ATEM video switcher / webcam support - maximum resolution?

Hi all, I am trying to connect an ATEM via USB to GoToMeeting - the ATEM is acting as a webcam. GTW is only able to establish connection in case the ATAM is configured to 720p. Does anybody know, when GTW will suport HD (at least 1080p) cameras? 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Ammon_Ron - Are you running the Elgato HD60s into a Windows or Mac computer to broadcast the GoToWebinar?

Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Hey Chris, 

I am using 2 PCs. The broadcasting PC is a Lenovo X1 and the 'webcam' PC is a Lenovo Yoga.

It still seems like this mode of broadcast is not quite as sharp as the GTW built in upload option, but obviously this does solve the capacity and timing issues (so people don't have to start a video from the beginning if they join midway). 

Im still trying to figure out if I can make the sound quality better. Is the sound to your broadcasting computer coming in through HDMI or the microphone jack? 

Thanks!

Amnon 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I tested the audio through the same HDMI connector.

Are you sending spoken word, or trying to send music?  If spoken word is coming from the video, I would guess that it should not make a difference in sound quality.

Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Thanks! 

For some reason im not able to get the sound going through the Elgato HD60s HDMI connection. I am connected through the audio jack - spoken word works just fine, music seems to be an issue (not sure why this is). Any ideas?

Also, we have an webinar coming up with ~10,000 people (way more than expected) our limit is 3,000) is this the max as far as you know? Anything that can be done? I was thinking of opening an overflow room but not sure how it will work.

BTW what happens if the limit is reached? Will it kick people out or not let people in??? 

Thanks!!!

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

If you reach the max, which for you would be 3,001 for to total of Attendees, Panelists, and Organizers, then people will get a message that the webinar is full. As people drop out, others can take their place.  The maximum at any one time is 3,001 for everyone on the webinar.  Even with people leaving and new people replacing them, the maximum of all users that can connect throughout the webinar is 130 percent, which for you would be 3,900 unique users.

Unfortunately, GoTo is not set up to play music due to the software that is reducing background sounds behind the person talking.  See my physics lesson about this here:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Choppy-music-audio-during-Webinar/m-p/21704... 

I have requested they add a button that would allow us to defeat this audio filter to allow us to play music that sounds like music.

Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for your very helpful response, you are a true pro! 

Can I ask how long you have been using GTW, and have you ever tried any other webinar platforms. I appreciate the stability of GTW but many things seem a bit outdated and limiting when it comes to really interactive engagement.

Zoom is obviously very popular and I know they can 'play' computer audio which allows playing videos directly from the broadcasting computer. Was wondering about others. 

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Amnon 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I've been using GoToWebinar for 11 years.  I have tried lots of other products. My wife teaches classes daily through Zoom. I am in a Zoom meeting just about every morning (I'm in one now waiting for it to start).  Where I work, the corporate solution is Skype, so it was not easy to convince them that we needed GoTo, and I have to convince them every year when it is time to renew.

Features we could not live without are the registration system and Attendee reports.  Also the ease of recording and having the recording available after the webinar.  Most of the time GoTo is used to support a federaly funded educational program where we must document everything to keep the funds flowing.

No webinar system is perfect. They all have their pluses and minuses.  Through the years we have found workarounds for many lacking features in GoTo, and many of those features have been added to the program over time.

Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Agree with you, no perfect solution and GTW is not bad. Just don't know how to solve our oversubscribed event! I guess running 2 in parallel is the only option with GTW.