cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Cannot register for GoToWebinar under Kosovo

We are currently looking to update the restricted country list allowed by our services.  I appreciate your patience while we formalize this process for US and International requirements.

Active Contributor

Re: Cannot register for GoToWebinar under Kosovo

@AshC wrote:

We are currently looking to update the restricted country list allowed by our services.  I appreciate your patience while we formalize this process for US and International requirements.

OK, this is becoming a deal killer for my organization, and you really need to fix this or at least provide an explanation for why you are excluding countries.  I am hearing hints in this topic that it is about sanctions but that honestly makes zero sense to me. You need to explain. This is not a minor bug but an insult to people in the many  excluded countries. We are receiving alot of complaints! 

There are 30 replies to this thread dating back to 2015 (!!) so this is not a new problem. You need to address it, and urgently. 

Here are some solutions you can consider.

1. The best seems to be to allow organizers to edit their own country list based on a default provided by GoToWebinar. Also allow sort order to be changed (not all communities need or want USA and Canada at the top of the country list) 
  2. You can also choose an official list and explain in your interface why you chose it, or link to a fuller explanation in your FAQ. For example, in my organization we follow this UN Country Classification list which is not perfect either (I know Palestine and South Sudan are missing) but is otherwise fairly complete.  
  3. The worst best option is to add an "other country" option to the list. 
  4. Allow a new type of custom question with long list of pulldown options, preferably allowing copy/paste of externally prepared list of selectable options along the lines of the WordPress gravity forms plugin. 

Reading through this thread, I see that the following countries are excluded from the country pulldown - I may be missing some so let me know! 

• Afghanistan
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Kosovo
  • Montenegro
  • State of Palestine
  • Tanzania

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Registrant county list

We also have already submitted on this but I want to re-state again the importance of this matter.     

Just to be clear we are talking about ATTENDEES not being able to choose their country 

For those of us organizing global webinars it is totally unacceptable that our webinar registrants cannot to choose their country.

It simply doesn’t make sense that you DO allow people to join webinars from counties not included in the country list but DO NOT allow them to state their country!     

I suspect this trivial to resolve (less than 5 mins work)

LogMeIn need to understand the incomplete list of countries is bad for your customers.    People who register for the global webinars I organize assume I have chosen not to recognize their country.     The reputational impact on me (your customer) is enough to make me start looking at your competitors. 

Since LogMeIn in is a USA head-quartered country, you could simply follow the definitive list of countries recognised by the US’ Dept. of State:  https://www.state.gov/s/inr/rls/4250.htm    

Valued Contributor

Re: Registrant county list

There is a difference between a list of countries recognized by the United States and a list of countries that are allowed to do business with the United States.

As far as I know, there is no one comprehensive list of countries that are allowed to do business with the United State.  Unfortunately, the politics in our country are not that easy.  Here is a list the Treasury Department keeps to show sanctions against other countries.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx

Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Chris, but I'm sorry.. this is a red herring - please stop talking about US politics which is completely irrelevant. We're just talking about allowing webinar registrants to choose their country from a pulldown. 

Really we just need the providers of GoToWebinar to fix it or explain - I think they have all the information they need about the situation now. It's time for them to respond.  

Active Contributor

Amazing. I just got another complaint about another country missing from the list - Democratic Republic of the Congo. I had a look at the available countries and am just amazed. How can Antarctica, a continent, be listed as a country but not DRC? Aruba is also listed, which is part of the Netherlands.

I'm super curious to understand now how this country pulldown came to be and am eager to hear from the providers. If there is no news, I will change the field options on my forms to make country a free text field instead of a pulldown. This will be cumbersome to manage so I will also start looking at alternative systems for managing the webinar process. GTW is great for organizing webinars but it's not the only game in town. 

Out of curiosity, I compared GTW's country list against ours, which is based on a list of UN recognized countries. Below is the full list. (-) indicates the country is on our list but missing from GTW. (+) indicates it's on GTW but not on our list. Many Caribbean islands are included, but an astounding 18 United Nations recognized countries are missing. 

- Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
American Samoa
Andorra
Angola
+ ANGUILLA
+ ANTARCTICA
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Armenia
ARUBA
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
+ BOUVET ISLAND
Brazil
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Cape Verde
Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
+ CHRISTMAS ISLAND
Colombia
Comoros
Congo Republic
+ COOK ISLANDS
Costa Rica
Côte d'Ivoire
Croatia
- Cuba
- Curaçao
Cyprus
Czech Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
East Timor
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
+ Falkland islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji
Finland
France
+ French Guiana
French Polynesia
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
+ GIBRALTAR
Greece
Greenland
Grenada
+ GUADELOUPE
Guam
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
- Iran
- Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kiribati
North Korea
South Korea
- Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
- Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
+ MACAU
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
+ MARTINIQUE
Mauritania
Mauritius
+ MAYOTTE
Mexico
Micronesia
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
+ MONTSERRAT
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands
+ NETHERLANDS ANTILLES
+ NEW CALEDONIA
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
+ NIUE
+ NORFOLK ISLAND
- Northern Mariana Islands
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Palau
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
+ PITCAIRN
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Qatar
+ REUNION
Romania
Russian Federation
Rwanda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino
Sao Tome and Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
- Sint Maarten
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South Africa
- South Sudan
Spain
Sri Lanka
- State of Palestine
- Sudan
+ ST. HELENA
Suriname
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
- Syria
Taiwan
Tajikistan
- Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
+ TOKELAU
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Venezuela
Vietnam
- Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
+ WESTERN SAHARA
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

New Contributor

Re: Registration Countries

Also Cuba is missing.

Active Contributor

Yup - Cuba is on my list of missing countries. Incredible that there has been no official response about this issue in all this time. I've even mentioned it to logmein and gotowebinar on twitter.  No response at all. Smiley Sad

Active Contributor

I am amazed and disappointed. So much time has passed with no official reply. 

I like gotowebinar, but it's time to start looking into alternatives if they can't fix this simple thing that causes us so much grief. 

Active Contributor

Fully agree.  It shows a contemptuous disregard for issues that are mission-critical to cutomers.    A reckless srategy on the part of LogMeIn in such a competitive market!