cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

iOS Invalid email or master password" error message

Hi, Long time user of LastPass and all of a sudden the iOS app won't let me log in. It keeps giving me "Invalid email or master password" error message, even though my master password works in my Chrome browser. So I deleted the app and downloaded a new version as suggested in an earlier post here, but still no luck. So I changed the master password in my browser and alas, still no luck.  I'm hoping I can get some help here?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: iOS Invalid email or master password" error message

Hello,

This sounds a bit off, but could you try making sure that your email is in all lowercase when typed in to the Email field of the LastPass app login screen? We would also recommend being sure that the master password is being entered in correctly and that the device's date & time are correct as well in Settings as this could cause you to run in to problems when trying to sign in to the app.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I have tried your suggestion and used lower case for my email and double checked my password is correct. I am not sure about your comment on date and time - I use an iphoneX with ios 13.6.1 and have never had to adjust the date and time as apple adjusts this automatically. Is there some issue I am unaware of?

Aside from that, I can confirm that trying to login via Safari on my iPhone with the same issue, it keeps telling me to try again.

I am about to update to ios 14 to see if it resolves the problem otherwise, I am going to need to look for other alternatives.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just confirming updating to ios14.2 has made no difference and I am still unable to log in to Lastpass on my mobile device either via the app or Safari BUT I am able to log in via Chrome (mobile) browser.

When I check in Settings I have no devices listed under Mobile or Trusted devices.

I have also tried installing and reinstalling, I am really not sure what else I can do and would really appreciate any suggestions from the support community to resolve this issue.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the additional information. So that our team can gather more details and hopefully resolve this for you, could you submit a bug report for this issue to our team following the steps outlined here? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Rachel, I began using LastPass today and am experiencing the same issue. I can login to LastPass in MacBook Pro's Chrome browser fine, but the same ID and master password fail in my iPhone LastPass app and Chrome browser. I tried copying and pasting the master password from the Notes app to make sure I used the exact same password on both devices, and I was, but it didn't work. My login ID is in lower case. I've tried repeatedly to no avail.  

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out as well. Could you also submit a bug report to our team so that they can gather some more info and hopefully resolve the issue by following the steps on this page? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass