cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjm2
Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

@thomasrichard

Just curious what the link is for that you included in your post?

Thanks
dpeakejones
New Contributor

Just been locked out of my account by our ridiculous "check email to verify its you" nonsense.'

Come to find out that you don't recognize my current email and I have no way to change it over from the obsolete old address which no longer exists without entering, you guessed it, the old email which no longer exists.

You have cost me access to my entire digital life and dozens of hours restoring my access to my internet world.

I never want to hear the name of this company again.

RainbowKid
Active Contributor

Hey, you did it to yourself! If you knew you were getting rid of that email address you should have made the appropriate changes to your account. Have you tried contacting them to see if there's a way to unlock the account, like with security questions?
rjm2
Contributor

@dpeakejones
Are you saying you got rid of the email address that you associated with your master password?

Why would you do that?
Telegence
New Contributor

So, the short of it is that I caved. 😞 I was rather disappointed in other solutions - such as BitWarden - which were not as robust and manageable as LastPass.  So, considering how much more hands-on they were, I decided it wasn't worth my time to be perpetually managing the substandard solutions.   That said, I find it hard to accept that LastPass is the best one out there, so if I discover another solution that meets my expectations I'll try to remember to update ya'll.

RainbowKid
Active Contributor

Hey Telegence,

I don't know what problem you have with Bitwarden.  I switched to it and am very happy.  Yes, there are a couple of stylistic features that Last Pass has that Bitwarden doesn't, like the "recently used" and easier access to your folders, but overall it is every bit as good as Last Pass and, in some ways, I think easier to use.

After being a very long term customer of Last Pass, I felt betrayed by their greed.  That's what happens today when a good company sells out to another because they got such a good offer.  It would be great if corporate america lost it's "greed bone".  I'm sick of it.

HelpaFriend
Active Contributor

I moved to Keeper Password Manager.

Excellent.