cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaintNZ
New Contributor

Not receiving SMS passcodes

Hi,

I know my master password and it authenticates successfully. However, I do not receive the SMS Passcode and therefore cannot access my account. I have my phone and it is working fine.

I am receiving other SMSes without any issues. I tried to disable multi-factor but I get an error saying cannot disable multi-factor over email. Please help because I am stuck!!

Thanks.
SaintNZ
11 REPLIES 11
SaintNZ
New Contributor

Re: Not receiving SMS passcodes

I have had no responses here or on Twitter. I have decided to move on to a more reliable service. Thankfully I managed to export my current passwords from my local vault. Adieu 🙂
jpenny84
Valued Contributor

1. I found your complaint on Twitter, and you directed it to the wrong account. The Twitter account that support monitors is: @LastPassHelp .
2. This forum is for user to user support, and is not actively monitored by LastPass.
3. Regarding #1&2 - The only way you can guarantee a response from the company is to file a support ticket.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010121
SaintNZ
New Contributor

Just the tone of your response says a lot.

I suggest you try to see how easy it is to find the above info through the support section of your website.
martin8
New Contributor

Hi Jpeny

Could you help me get sms recovery to my phone? Ive sent a suport ticket but thought i would ask here too.

Thanks

Martin

etienne85
Active Contributor

I have the same problem : not receiving SMSs for the 2-step verification process. I'm not receiving them when I'm logging in on my phone or log into the Lastpass module of my internet browser. For now I've desactivated the 2-step process, but obviously this is not a long-term solution for me. 

What is worse : LastPass is not helping me at all. I've been emailing the support team for the past 2 weeks, they reply once with a "please explain again", and then they never get back to me. Very disappointed by this and looking for an alternative to LastPass Premium services.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @etienne85,

Are you trying to set up the LastPass Authenticator and not getting the SMS message during the setup process for the LastPass Authenticator, or are you not receiving the SMS message when trying to set up SMS Account Recovery for your LastPass account? 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
etienne85
Active Contributor

Hi @RachelO , 

And thanks for being in touch. I'm not getting the SMS message during the process for 2-step authentication of the LastPass application: I enter my Master Password, then I'm prompted to the second step where I'm supposed to receive an email with a password... and never receive it.

Thanks in advance for your help,

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Were you not receiving an email with a verification code, or an SMS message? Is this during the set up of the LastPass Authenticator app?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
etienne85
Active Contributor

I'm not receiving an SMS message. This is when trying to log in on the LastPass app on my phone or trying to log in the LastPass module on my Internet browser.