cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l1a
New Contributor

Verify it's you. No email from LastPass

I'm locked out. I HAVE NOT forgotten my master password. The email from support isn't going to spam. My email has been the same since I opened my account. I'm sending and receiving email to/from other endpoints. 

No response at all from LastPass support.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Verify it's you. No email from LastPass

@timodonoghue If you have a security alert email configured on your account, verification emails, failed login alerts and the like will only be sent there. If you remove the security alert email from your account all email will be sent to your account email address. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
timodonoghue
New Contributor

i have exactly the same issue.  below is a copy-paste of the support email i have sent (no response as yet):

<<

I'm no longer able to authenticate into LastPass Password Manager.  None of my authentication details have changed, neither email address nor master password.  And I'm not receiving any verification emails from LastPass, even though I have tried this on multiple devices (desktop and mobile).

My suspicion as for why authentication is no longer working for me is because my email address contains a "+" character (and always has).  I suspect there has been a recent software change on your side which no longer allows email addresses with a "+" character and this likely explains why authentication is now failing for my account.  (My account is protected with 2FA so I don't expect my new authentication issues relate to an "account takeover" or any other nefarious activity but, of course, I'd appreciate some reassurance here.)
>>

@l1a (OP) - does your email address contain a "+" sign or any other unusual character?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @l1a 

I have checked your account and we have been sending you verification emails. Your account does not have a security email set up so the emails are going to your account email address. Please search your email for anything from: do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com or the subject: LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked 

@timodonoghue I have reviewed your account and we have also sent you verification email, however you do have a separate security alert email address on your account xxxxxxx@yahoo.com If you no longer have access to that email please update your support ticket with this information.

timodonoghue
New Contributor

@GlennD - thx for the reminder about my long forgotten security email; i'll check there (yahoo mail).  that said, i do believe that there is a problem delivering transactional emails to my LastPass email, which is a gmail address but with a plus ("+") task-specific addition.  i'm now chatting with a colleague in your support team (see case 14973236 / 5004P00001SFsCA) and have provided a lot of detail there which supports my hypothesis that there is an issue delivering transactional emails to gmail task-specific email addresses (i.e. those which have a "+" sign).

what makes this a bit more fun is that the credentials to my seldom used yahoo mail account (which is my LastPass secruity email) are stored in... can you guess?... LastPass!  🙈

timodonoghue
New Contributor

@GlennD - thanks for the yahoo mail pointer.  even though i had the authentication credentials stored in LastPass, i password reset there and now have access to the "LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked" email notifications, so i'm back in to my LastPass account! 🙌

follow-up question: do the "LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked" only go to my account security email address?  or do they also go to my account email address as well?  my assumption (as an end-user) would be that such emails would/should go to both.  can you confirm?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@timodonoghue If you have a security alert email configured on your account, verification emails, failed login alerts and the like will only be sent there. If you remove the security alert email from your account all email will be sent to your account email address. 

View solution in original post