cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaVeN
Contributor

Adobe Flash End Of Life - What is the plan?

Hi LMI Team,

Since Adobe is ending support for FLASH and Google is removing Flash from Chrome what is the plan for LMI Central?   Is there any annoucement or information you can provide.  It is becoming a PITA to enable FLASH in Chrome everytime I want to use some of the features in Central.

Thanks.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: LogMein Central and Flash

Hi,

We will be updating Central's One2Many functionality to remove the reliance on Adobe Flash to upload task resources and manage credentials. The Flash uploader will be replaced with an HTML based file uploader. The current ETA for this is the first week in December.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Adobe Flash End Of Life - What is the plan?

Hi John,

We do have plans for the EOL of Flash, but I don't have any public documentation on that yet...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
randallcorn
Active Contributor

Re: Adobe Flash End Of Life - What is the plan?

Are there any public plans yet for Flash leaving Chrome?

Google just said that Flash player will no longer be supported after December 2020.

Annotation 2019-11-25 121709.jpg

talgren
New Contributor

Need an official statement about FLASH w/One2Many

We no longer allow Flash on corporate systems due to the nature/number of security issues:

Flash security holes (1078 and counting as of this post):

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-53/product_id-6761/Adobe-Flash-Player.html

Is there an official statement or roadmap I can reference before being forced to look for another RMM vendor? We've otherwise been pretty happy with LMI Central.

Thanks!

[posted Jan. 10, 2020]

milles
GoTo Contributor

Re: Need an official statement about FLASH w/One2Many

Hi,

Thank you very much for the question. Indeed Flash in One2Many comes with limitations and problems.

We have been working on refreshing One2Many to improve it's usability and scalability and get rid of the Flash based file management as well.

We are expecting the new flashless mode available in beta in Q1 and the general availability in Q2.

Hope this helps, also let us know if you have any further question.

Thanks!

ideleon
New Contributor

Milles.
I don't even see the One2Many menu on the left column.

Does my company license not include that or is it just the whole Flash issue?

talgren
New Contributor

@milles Thank you for your response...tried to offer Kudos but the button doesn't seem to register.

I thought I should check back since we're close to Q2 end. How are things coming along?

Thanks!

ideleon
New Contributor

And,,,

is that the reason why I don't see it appear
-OR-
does it have to do with licensing?
I saw LMI webinar yesterday and they had talked about One2Many feature & that's what I'd like to get my hands on.

:-0)

Thanks!
-israel

talgren
New Contributor

I just spoke with support. One2Many still requires Flash.

Flashless version is still being tested and there is no roadmap that could be shared. 

MSFT Intune & JAMF looks like our next step. Not what we wanted, but we can't wait any longer in a post COVID world. Everybody is working from home and we need to be able to push software to endpoints...not just remote control.

talgren
New Contributor

@ideleon  You're probably not licensed for One2Many. Go to https://www.logmein.com/central then click on the 'Compare all features' link.